Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My All Natural Journey


My journey down the all natural path began last summer. I vividly recall two events that sparked the change for a green lifestyle. I came upon a blog that featured Shaklee products and began reading about the harmful chemicals in mainstream cleaning products. I also had a bad reaction to Aveeno Naturals shampoo; a shampoo that's supposed to be "natural." I already knew about SLS and that it was bad, but now I really started looking into the ingredients in mainstream shampoos, and conditioners, lotions, soap, and on and on. EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetic Database became my friend. This new chapter in my life began with the no-poo experiment that became a permanent change (will post about the transformation soon).

Please join me on my path to discover the greener side of things. Discover "natural" versus 100% natural. Discover what is best for our bodies. I'm going back to my roots, the simple life my mom and grandma lived in Eastern Europe.

Off Note: The term "all natural" is not regulated by the FDA. All natural means that I am using products from the earth, not processed or minimally processed.  I seeks to understand what products are best for my family, for my community, and for the Earth.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...