Thursday, April 24, 2014

Organic Vegan All Natural Deodorant [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I eat a pretty clean diet, consistent mostly of organic foods, home cooked meals, and very little (organic) processed foods. There are the occasional meals at restaurants, but for the most part, I do not eat synthetic ingredients, additives or preservatives. Still, I battle underarm stink. I stopped using standard drug store deodorant/antiperspirant brands a few years ago and made the switch to all natural deodorants. Simple ingredients paired with essential oils can keep underarm stink at bay. North Coast Organics creates handmade, vegan, USDA Certified Organic deodorants that are effective.

USDA Certified Organic Deodorants        ($8.99)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
USDA Certified Organic

Natural ingredients

Great scents

Works!


I received a 3 pack of travel size deodorants (0.35 fl oz each): Death by Lavender, Naked and Revolver. This is a great package to order to decide which scent works better with your body's chemistry and which scent you prefer. The 3 pack of travel size deodorants is very cost effective. The travel sizes will be great to keep in the diaper bag and in my purse.

Before I get into the details of how the deodorants worked for me, let's talk about natural deodorants. Natural deodorants are just that, they deodorize by neutralizing the pH that causes bad (stinky) bacteria to grow with ingredients such as baking soda and/or arrowroot powder and help to cover up the bad (stinky) bacteria with natural scents such as essential oils. Natural deodorants do not stop your body from perspiring, so you will still experience wetness. However, wetness is not a bad thing. Thought wet under arms are not socially acceptable, I really worry about the bacteria that causes the stinky smell.

North Coast Organics makes products that are USDA Certified Organic, vegan and cruelty free and labels that are made from tree free/fair trade certified paper. I like that North Coast Organics offers products that are naturally scented and products that are unscented (Naked) for those who just do not prefer a scent. The Naked deodorant still has a slightly sweet smell from the coconut oil, but it was not noticeable when applied to the under arms.

I started off with the Revolver deodorant. If you think this scent is only geared toward men, think not! As a woman, I loved the smell of Revolver. Lavender (Death by Lavender) is always a favorite of mine, but Revolver has something new and exciting to offer also! Revolver is scented with Atlas Cedar, Mediterranean Cypress and Clary Sage. The smell is a little woodsy, but the combination smells really good.

Now, onto the results. I applied Revolver deodorant 3 times throughout the day. I reapplied the third time because I took a shower after my run. Usually, by the end of the day, after running around after a one year old inside the house and walking with him in the yard, I sweat and start to smell. After my husband comes home from work, one of the first things he usually says to me is that I need to deodorize. I get stinky! I was pleasantly surprised that I did not experience bad odor throughout the day. Revolver kept my stink away.

Organic ingredients, clever scents and easy application make North Coast Organics organic, vegan deodorants my new favorite body product.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...