Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lambie & Me Swaddle Blankets [Review]


I love baby items that can be used for more one purpose. Swaddle blankets made from cotton muslin, which a mesh or gauze-type open weave allow for breathability, movement and comfort. Swaddle blankets can be used for swaddling a baby, a nursing cover, a car seat or stroller cover, a changing or play mat, a travel blanket and for many other purposes. Muslin swaddle blankets become softer with each wash. They are easy to fold up and take with you wherever you may go. Lambie and Me Swaddle Blankets are a required accessory for your baby registry.

Swaddle Blankets    
   ($29.95)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% Cotton

Meets GOTS organic standard

Multi-purpose




I received the Lambie & Me Swaddle Blankets in the Just Dots design. I love that this design is gender neutral, which means that I can use them well into the future if my husband and I have more children. The fabric right out of the box was a little bit stiff, but softened up after washing and drying on medium heat. Cotton  muslin gets softer with each wash, which means that the blankets get better with age.

When the toddler was a baby, we only used muslin swaddle blankets to swaddle him for sleep. The cotton muslin allows for stretching, which makes it easier to get a good, tight swaddle. We have since used swaddle blankets for just about anything. Covering the stroller when he is sleeping is a great way to ensure that air flow gets inside. I always make sure I have a swaddle blanket in the diaper bag when I leave the house. The most common way I have been using swaddle blankets outside the home is as a lap cover for my toddler when we eat at restaurants. I have even used the swaddle blankets as a bib by trying two ends loosely around his neck.

Lambie & Me Swaddle Blankets are a big size, measuring 47" x 47". They did shrink a little bit after being washed and dried; this is expected with cotton muslin. The cotton meets the Global Organic Textile Standards for certified organic products. Lambie & Me have submitted for USDA Organic certification and are waiting on approval. I love that this product is made from organic cotton because it reduces the amount of pesticides and chemicals that my child gets exposed to.

Lambie & Me Swaddle Blankets would make a great gift for someone who is expecting or just gave birth. The design, size and quality are comparable to the top brands that you usually see at stores. For the only blankets you will ever need, choose Lambie & Me Swaddle Blankets.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...