Saturday, January 3, 2015

Organic Cotton Apron [Review]

One would be surprised that for the amount of cooking and baking I do, I do not use or own an apron. I never thought I needed an apron, until I became a stay at home mom and increased the amount of cooking, baking and hand dishwashing I do. There never seems to be a towel within reach, so I sometimes wipe my hands on my pants. This is not a recommended activity. I have had my eye on A Green Kitchen organic cotton apron for several years. Organic cotton paired with adorable prints turn cooking and baking into a special occasion.


Organic Cotton Full Apron          
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Certified organic, fair trade cotton
Only one storage pocket
Storage pocket

USA made




A Greener Kitchen apron is made with medium weight certified organic fabric from one of USA's few eco-friendly textile artisans. I love that the fabric is fair trade and sourced in the USA. This cuts down on shipping costs and impact on the environment. I selected the Black & White Whispering Grass print because it will go with anything I am wearing. The stitching and the fabric are both high quality. Though, I do wish that the fabric was just a bit on the thicker side.

The design of the full apron makes me feel more feminine. The apron comes in one size. I am 5'4 and of a thin built. I had no issues tying the apron in the back. The size of the ties would fit most people. I have a longer torso and I found that the apron sat too low on my waist. It would probably sit better on someone who is taller. I wore the waist part of the apron about 1-2 inches higher on my waist and it fit much better. The top did bunch up a little, but did not look bad. I like that the side of the skirt reach around to the sides.

The pocket is very useful and is generous in size that most kitchen accessories or personal items will fit in there. I do wish there was another pocket on the other side. I like that the pocket opening is at an angle. This makes it easier to access the pocket.

I have worn this organic apron while cooking dinner and while baking. I found it to be functional and effective as an apron. As with all fabrics, treat stains immediately. A Greener Kitchen recommends hand washing or washing in cold water as needed with a natural detergent. Hang to dry or use low/no heat in the dryer.

I would recommend this apron and could see myself purchasing it as a wedding gift. A Greener Kitchen organic cotton apron is the perfect accessory for an eco-friendly cook.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...