Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Raw Fermented Liquid Probiotic [review]

Probiotics seem to be everywhere and in just about anything. Last year, I did some research on the best form of probiotics and the consensus was that as close to natural and as close to raw is the best. Natural fermentation provides the best balance and mix of probiotics. Raw keeps the healthy bacteria at the highest level because heat can kill bacteria. Pro EM-1 Probiotic is a naturally fermented raw probiotic supplement.


Pro EM-1 Liquid Probiotic      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

Disclosure: I am not a medical professional. Information about the product was sourced from the company website. These statements have not be reviewed by the FDA, not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or diseases. Please consult your physician before starting a new supplement. I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest.

The Good
The Not So Good
Organic ingredients
Comes in a plastic bottle
Raw and naturally fermented

Ease to take




Pro EM-1 Liquid Probiotic Supplement is a fermented liquid probiotic made with organic ingredients and naturally occurring microorganisms. The company only uses live viable and active microbes (never freeze dried). The fermentation process produces active metabolites, including enzymes, co-enzymes, amino acids, organic acids, bacteriocins, and other bioactive micronutrients. Fermentation is a natural process that makes vitamins and minerals more available, but also provides our GI system with healthy bacteria.

The liquid probiotic comes in a dark navy plastic bottle. I do wish that the bottle was glass, but I am glad that it is dark to preserve the natural organisms. Pouring the bottle has been a bit of a challenge because of the way the opening is designed. When the bottle is very full, some of the liquid did drip down the side of the bottle. I have been experimenting with pouring quickly or slowing to see if it helps.

Pro EM-1 Probiotic ingredients:
Purified water
Organic aloe vera gel
Natural honey
Organic molasses
1 million cfu/ml of microbes:
   Lactobacillus plantarum
   Lactobacillus casei
   Lactobacillus fermentum
   Lactobacillus bulgaricus
   Saccharomyces cerevisiae
   Rhodopseudomonas palustris

This list of ingredients is one of the simplest for probiotic supplements. Even in natural supplements, sometimes it is hard to avoid fillers that are required to make the product work or make the supplement easier to digest and get absorbed into the body. I like the simple ingredient list. The liquid probiotic is gluten-free and dairy-free. The mix of microbes is a little bit different than what I have read on probiotic capsule supplements and that is due to the fact that this is a raw, fermented product. I strongly believe in the power of fermentation and am glad I found this product.

Usage: The recommended dose is 1 tbsp per day, taken with meals. The liquid probiotic can be mixed with water or juice. I have also been adding 1 tsp to my toddler's yogurt.

Results: I have been taking it directly and then chasing with water. The taste is somewhat pleasant to me. I have been taking about 1-2 tsp per day and have not experienced any discomfort. If you experience discomfort, reduce the amount day and gradually increase. Since I have began taking probiotic supplements (most of the days lately), I feel like my digestion and bowel movements are regular and of a good quality. In general, I have not had any GI issues like gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea. I do feel like taking the probiotic supplement on a regular basis has helped my GI system.



If you are looking for a raw probiotic supplement, Pro EM-1 fermented liquid probiotic is a great supplement to boost immunity and health naturally.
  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...