Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Professional Hair Removal at Home [review]

Hair removal is a task that I find cumbersome and never ending. For my wedding, I tried waxing for the first time in my life. And, it was the last time also. I have been looking for a way to reduce the amount of hair growth, especially on my legs. Shaving with a razor over and over again was becoming cumbersome and not doing anything to reduce hair growth. Waxing on a regular basis was not in the budget. The Pearl Pro offers easy, safe, and painless way to professionally remove hair at home.


Electrolysis & Thermogenic Hair Removal System      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest.

The Good
The Not So Good
Works!
Replacement parts a bit pricey
Customizable settings

Easy and quick to use




Viatek Products offers a couple hair removal systems. I received the Pearl Pro system, which is their high end home hair removal system. The Pearl Pro offers electrolysis and thermogenic hair removal. Electrolysis is the removal of hair roots on the skin by the application of heat. Thermogenic hair removal is where heat is sent down the hair to the root. This weakens the hair follicle and slows down growth. Over time, hair will come in finer, less, or none at all.

Usage: The box comes with explicit instructions on how to use the Pearl Pro. These instructions helps to achieve the best results. There are settings that can be customized to be of lower heat and of higher heat. Viatek recommends starting out on low for both settings and increasing from there. Hair should be around 1-3mm for best removal. I will focus on removing hair on my legs as that is where I started and seems like the easiest place.

Once the unit is turned on, the unit is kept at around 90 degrees to the skin, the display window facing toward me. I press the unit down a little on my skin and start moving it up and down my leg, keeping the 90 degree angle. There is a white guideline that comes on to let me know that I am using it properly. I go over the same area about 1-2 times, both up and back down, and then move on to the next area.

The Pearl Pro removes hair by heating the hair itself, thus crystalizing it. Then, the heat is applied to the roots of the hair, which discourages regrowth of hair. As the hair is crystalized, it will smell and might smoke a bit. Do not be afraid! This mean that the hair removal is working!

After using the Pearl Pro on my legs, I use the buffing pads to buff away the crystalized hair and moisturize afterward. The Pearl Pro comes with a moisturizer, but I have been using coconut oil as that is what I usually use on my legs. Don't skip this step!



Results: I started off with my right leg to compare regrowth. The first couple of times I used the Pearl Pro, I realized that my hair was longer than 3mm, so it wasn't working as effectively. I shaved my legs, waited about 3-5 days, and tried again. My hair was about 2mm and the hair removal was actually taking place. I also increased the heat settings and saw more results. I smell the burning smell (mild) and saw a little smoke. I could also tell that at the middle setting, my skin could feel the heat of the unit. I just used my personal judgment to avoid burning myself.

In the 2 photos below, you can see how I am using the Pearl Pro and the results. (excuse my hairy leg!) The unit isn't touching the skin, so the white guide light is not on. You can see that I have the settings on the middle for both and what the unit looks like when turned on. In the second photo, you can see some patches where the hair is gone after 2 times of going over the same area. The hair was a little longer than recommended, so the hair removal was not as effective as it could have been.



My Thoughts: I have used the Pearl Pro about 5-10 times in the past several weeks. The hair on my right leg has come in finer and has grown slower! I was amazed! Removing hair is one thing, but slower growth and finer hair is exactly what I was looking for. The Pearl Pro has worked for me! I will be working on my armpit hair next.

I will continue using the Pearl Pro on a regular basis. I was reading that you have to use it regularly for at least 6 weeks to see effective results. Though it is not a permanent hair removal system, it does slow down and discourage growth, which means less shaving! The Pearl Pro is an investment, but I believe it is a valuable investment. The replacement tips and buffer pads are a bit of a recurrent cost, so take care of them!



Pearl Pro is a great option for professional hair removal at home, done on my schedule and as often as I desire and need.



1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...