Tuesday, April 5, 2016

All Natural Peanut Butter [review]

Offering healthy and nutritious food to my family is very important to me. I strive to find organic and natural products. One of our favorite healthy snacks is apple with almond butter or peanut butter. I am an almond butter fan and my husband is a peanut butter fan, so we keep both in the house. Our son likes both! Pic's all natural peanut butter is made from Australian Hi-Oleic peanuts without additives.



Pic's Peanut Butter      

Rating: total green check marks out of 5.
Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest. 

The Good
The Not So Good
All natural ingredients
Not certified organic
Glass jar (recyclable, reusable)

Great flavor




Pic's Peanut Butter is New Zealand's #1 peanut butter! It is made from High-Oleic peanuts. The peanuts are imported from Australia, roasted, grinded and sealed in jars within minutes of roasting. This maintains freshness and results in a fresh flavor. I am usually not a fan of peanut butter, even freshly ground, but I do like this High-Oleic peanut butter. There is just something different (better)!

 

The ingredients are simple, just the peanuts. The versions that are salted contain salt. I really like that there are no preservatives, extra oils, or sugar added.

The peanut butter is sold a few stores through the United States, but can definitely be found on Amazon. The jar is 2.2 lbs, which would be great to use for peanut butter recipes like Peanut Butter Surprise Muffins or Baked Peanut Butter BBQ Wings.

We have been using the peanut butter on pancakes and waffles, along with either organic fruit jam or organic maple syrup. My favorite way to eat Pic's peanut butter is on fresh slices of apple.


The peanut butter does need to be stirred, but it was easier to stir than my usual natural almond butter. One of my tricks for reducing the separation of natural peanut butter is to store the jar upside down. Most of the time, this reduces the amount of storing.

I would love to see this brand move toward organic certification to ensure no pesticides. In the mean time, I will be recommending Pic's natural peanut butter as a great natural alternative.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...