Thursday, September 20, 2012

Snacks in Fun, Colorful Snack Bags with Wexy Bags

I buy most of my snacks (dried fruit, nuts, trail mix, etc.) in bulk. I also like to make homemade snacks. Of course, plastic packaging and plastic baggies can be costly and can sit in landfills for up to 1000 years before they decompose. What's an eco-friendly girl to do? If reusable cloth baggies are not an option, then consider Wexy Lunch & Much Bags, the kid-friendly, eco-friendly snack bags that are BPA-free and biodegradable, recyclable, and reusable.
Wexy Snack Bags Single Box (28 count)          $3.99
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Biodegradable
Disposable
Kid-friendly
Made of plastic
Reusable


When I received the box of Wexy Snack Bags, I checked out the box first. The colors on the box are eye-catching and engaging. If you are trying to get your child to eat healthy or homemade snacks, Wexy Snack Bags will get them excited in no time. The four fun monsters are a great way for kids to connect with eco-friendly and green living since each of the monsters standards for something green.


I really like that Wexy Snack Bags are biodegradable and the packaging is recyclable. Biodegradable is defined as the capability of being decomposed by bacteria or other living organisms. The plastic seems to be similar to biodegradable/compostable plastic mailing packages, so I assume that I can throw the used bags in the compost pile. Although the bags are reusable, the plastic is a little on the thin side, so I do not see myself reusing the bags more than a few times. The size of the snack bags would fit almost any time of snack that you put in the lunch bag or for a trip. The monster print on each bag fits almost the entire surface area. 

Even though Wexy Snack Bags are made of plastic and might be disposed of in the trash after one use, the fact that they are biodegradable is a big win. If you compost, then throw it in there to reduce your trash. Any kid would get excited about snacks (whether they are from the bulk bin or homemade) when they come inside of Wexy Snack Bags.

Disclosure: I received the sample from the company in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. I am under no pressure to return the product to the company or to write this review. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...