Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Smiles For The People Bamboo Toothbrush [Review]

One of the first changes I made during my quest for all natural living was changing the toothpaste I use. However, I never realized how many eco-friendly and all natural options there are for teeth care. Despite the fact that I have gradually switched to more eco-friendly options for our body care products, we still use plastic toothbrushes. My husband uses the free plastic toothbrushes from the dentist and I use my electric toothbrush. Let me tell you about a better alternative to brushing your teeth with plastic. Smiles for the People bring you a biodegradable bamboo handled toothbrush for all of your eco-friendly teeth cleaning needs.
Smiles for the People

Original Adult Toothbrush         ($5.95)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% biodegradable bamboo handle
Bristles are not biodegradable
Durable and long lasting

Recyclable and limited packaging

Ergonomic handle


Single Brush and BoxOne of my most favorite features of the Smiles for the People toothbrush is the bamboo handle. I love knowing that this toothbrush does not have a plastic handle. That means that I can compost the toothbrush once I am done using it. The handle is ergonomic and easy to hold. Even though the bristles look simple, they clean teeth just as well as your expensive disposable toothbrushes.

For each purchase of a Smiles for the People toothbrush, the company will donate one toothbrush to their cause. The relationships with their Giving Partners helps promote increased and better dental care throughout the world. You know that when you support Smiles for the People, you are supporting improved dental care for local and global communities.

The Original Adult Toothbrush might seem like a simple idea and a simple little implement for cleaning teeth, but the sustainability and the cause behind this purchase is truly amazing. If you are looking for a greener and more eco-friendly way to brush your teeth (and if you are reducing the amount of plastic that you buy), I recommend that you give Smiles for the People toothbrush a try.


Disclosure: I received the sample from the company in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. I am under no pressure to return the product to the company or to write this review. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...