Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cool Fall Lips with Elemental Herbs Tinted Balms [Review]

As the weather starts to become cooler and dryer, my lips always feel it. I am not one of those people who apply lip balm 24x7, but my lips do enjoy a little moisture pick-me-up once in a while. The variety of organic and all natural lip balms on the market is growing. There are even lip balms that are tinted with color. Elemental Herbs has released their new line of all natural tinted lip balms with SPF-18 zinc-based coverage and 80% organic ingredients.

Elemental Herbs All Good Lips Tinted         ($4.99 or 6 for $25)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
80% organic ingredients
May contain Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (rated 2-3 on EWG)
Non-nanoparticle Zinc Oxide
Smaller product size
Non-GMO Vitamin E




The first thing I do with any organic or natural product is check the ingredients. All Good Lips Tinted Lip EWG's Skin Deep database rates these ingredients as 2-3 (low/moderate hazard) and I am comfortable putting them on my body once in a while. All colors, except the Pacific Mist, contain Zinc Oxide for SPF-18 protection. I like that Zinc Oxide is non-nanoparticle so it stays on the skin instead of getting absorbed. I also love that Elemental Herbs uses 80% organic ingredients and non-GMO Vitamin E. Not only do we need to think about the foods that we consume, but also the products that we put on our body. All Good Lips Tinted balms contain 80% oganic ingredients, non-GMO Vitamin E, and minerals such as Mica, Titanium Dioxide, and Iron Oxides. Natural colorings of body products are usually based on these three minerals.

I really like the Apline Pink color. It is a very light pink that accents the natural color of my lips. I can see myself wearing this when we go out for dinner for date night or with our friends. I would like to see this product come in a slightly bigger size (width-wise). The thin tube might get easily lost in my purse. I plan on keeping All Good Lips Tinted Lip Balm in my cosmetic bag.

Elemental Herbs also offers other products, including USDA Organic lip balms. I would recommend this company for their focus on organic and natural ingredients. If you are looking to add some color to your Fall wardrobe, pick All Good Lips Tinted Lip Balms.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...