Now that we have the tree, let's decorate! Our family strategy for decorating is below.
- Husband hangs lights
- Wife ensures lights are evenly spaced
- Baby watches lights being hung
- Husband, wife, and baby stand back and enjoy the lit tree (no ornaments yet)
- Wife selects first ornament to hang and recalls the origin of the ornament
- Husband selects second ornament to hang and recalls the origin of the ornament
- Baby selects third ornament to hang
- The remaining ornaments are laid out on the coffee table
- When someone walks by the tree, they select an ornament to hang on the tree
I do not remember how we came up with this strategy. Maybe we were too tired after buying the tree, setting it up, and putting lights on it that we decided to space out the ornament hanging. Maybe we liked the lights-only tree. Either way, we are starting a family tradition!
>> What are your family traditions for tree decoration??