Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sports Armband for iPhone 5 [Review]

Listening to music during exercise is a must for me. Running is my therapy. When I run, I like to let my mind go wherever, or nowhere. Sometimes, I prefer to listen to a specific genre of music to hear what it is telling me. Other time, I prefer upbeat songs to get through a hard run. I decided to finally get a sports armband for my iPhone so that I can not only have the ability to listen to music, but also the ability to make a phone call or send a text message. Limm Sports Armband is a fully adjustable armband that is slim and fits tight around my skinny arm.


Limm Sports Armband      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Sports fabrics to keep iPhone dry
Key holder difficult to access
Slim design






Limm Sports Armband is designed to be used with the following iPhones: 5 / 5s / 5c / 4 / 4s and iPod Touch 4 /5. The armband is meant to fit iPhones without the case, but might be able to fit a phone with a slim case. The case is made from Lycra and Neoprene, so the fabric stays mostly dry during a hard, sweaty workout. The Neoprene fabric plus the screen protectors are a great feature if you get stuck in a light rain during your workout. The fabric has a little bit of a stretch to it. The velcro is strong.

The key holder is a nice feature, but I found that it was not very functional. The key opening was hard to keep open while trying to fit the key and the key was challenging to remove when I returned home.

The phone armband comes in two sizes: Slim and Average.

Slim fits arm sizes of 8.8" to 11.0" in circumference.
Average fits arm sizes of 10.6" to 16.1" in circumference.

Fit: I received the Average size so that my husband could also use the armband with his iPhone 4. The Average size did fit my upper arm, but I had to tighten it as much as it would go. It was a bit loose during the run, but once I started sweating a bit, the armband started sticking more to my skin. If I were only using the armband myself, I would have ordered the Slim size because I have skinny arms and most armbands are usually too big for me.



My Thoughts: I like that the fabric helps the armband and the iPhone to stay dry during sweaty workouts or during light rains. I also like that the armband itself is very slim (does not stick out very far from my arm). The armband needs to be cleaned by hand, but that is easy to do. I usually take it in the shower with me and use soap to clean it, then wring and air dry. Since the key holder was not very functional for me, I will probably put the key behind the iPhone in the same pocket.

Limm Sports Armband is affordable and will do the job that it is intended to do. I do wish the key holder was more accessible and easier to use.



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are honest. Reference ID: pm9f60ab2b55468f104055b16df8f69e81.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...