Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Labeling Spices with Liquid Chalk Markers [review]

Liquid chalk markers are one of my favorite craft items. They can be used in so many different ways. One of the most popular ways is to use liquid chalkboard markers on chalkboards. From experience, I found that liquid chalk markers are much easier to write with than regular chalk. Beautiful designs can be created with liquid chalk markers. Kassa liquid chalk markers offer an interchangeable tip and bold colors that dry quickly.



Kassa Liquid Chalk Markers      

Rating: total green check marks out of 5.
Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest. 

The Good
The Not So Good
Interchangeable tip
Thick tips not good for small writing
Bold colors

Quick drying




I recently did a project that involved relabeling my spice rack. I like to reuse spice containers, especially glass ones instead of recycling the glass containers and buying new ones. Additionally, I usually purchase spices from the bulk spice aisle. The way my spices are organized is on a lazy Susan spice rack and in a drawer. In both locations, the top of the cap shows. I wanted to write the spice names on top of the cap.

I started with reusable chalkboard labels, which I adhered to the top of the cap. This provided a blank slate. I sued the chalkboard markers to write on top of the labels. I started off with the round tip, but it was too thick on the small labels, so I switched to the chisel tip and used just the point. This allows me to get the whole spice name on the small label. Keep in mind these labels are about 1.5 inches in diameter. You can see from the photo below that "cardamom" had to be written on two lines.

Results: The markers were easy to use! I shook the markers and then pressed the tip until I saw the color start to fill the tip. I really like the bold colors and that the color dried quickly. The only thing that was a bit messy was changing the tip while it was still wet. I used a paper towel to avoid getting the color on my fingers. I recommend choosing the type of tip you are going to use before you start writing with the markers.


Kassa's liquid chalk markers are great for just about any project that involves chalkboard. These markers would be great for a big chalkboard or for a chalkboard wall.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...