Monday, December 17, 2012

Eco Lips Natural and Organic Lip Balm [Review]

Over two years ago, when I cleaned out all toxic body products, a variety of lip balms were thrown away also. I have not really searched for all natural, organic lip balms as I substituted other natural moisturizers like coconut oil, shea butter, etc. However, I have missed lip balm. When I received the Eco Lips package in the mail last week, I was excited to once again have a little tube of lip balm in my purse for quick and easy application. Eco Lips natural and organic lip balms are the perfect solution to dry and cracked winter lips. Not only do you get organic and all natural ingredients (including scents!), but at a very affordable price.

Eco Lips - The best lip balm for the world!



ONE WORLD Lip Balm              ($5.99, 0.25oz)
Eco Lips Gold Lip Balm            ($3.49, 0.15 oz)
Dagoba Roseberry Lip Balm    ($3.49, 0.15 oz)
Eco Tints Tinted Lip Balm                 ($4.49, 0.15 oz)
Source: Eco Lips Store
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.


The Good
The Not So Good
USDA organic and all natural
Ingredients: iron oxides, mica, and titanium dioxide 
Light and moisturizing

Variety of flavors and scents

Reasonably priced


After I opened the package, I took some time reading each of the lip balms and ingredients. I finally decided on the ONE WORLD Lip Balm, Orange Spice Flavor. This lip balm comes in a bigger size than the rest. I love that this lip balm contains Argan Oil, which revitalizes skin and neutralizes free radicals. I have been using this lip balm for a week. I love the way it makes my lips feels. The balm goes on very light, but just enough moisture (no one likes greasy lips!).

I would equate the Eco Lips Gold Lip Balm, unscented, to your every day, winter lip balm. It is the all-around lip balm for soothing healed and chapped lips quickly. This lip balm contains certified organic Baobab Oil. I love that this lip balm is unscented for those who do not want to smell their lip balm all day long or for those who prefer unscented lip balms.

I was most intrigued by the Dagoba Roseberry Lip Balm. Chocolate lip balm! How can you not love that?!? This lip balm contains Dagoba organic cocoa powder, organic raspberry flavor, and organic rosehip oil. Rosehip oil is loaded with omega fatty acids and is great for damaged skin. I would save this lip balm for special occasions because of the chocolate roseberry flavor. The experience is like eating dessert!

Last, but certainly not least, the 
Eco Tints Tinted Lip Balm is a perfect combination of lip balm and lipstick. I love that the color is enough to tint my lips, but not too much where I feel like I'm wearing lipstick. Conventional lipstick has so many toxic and synthetic chemicals. Eco Tins mostly contains organic ingredients, in addition to iron oxides, mica, and titanium dioxide (all three rate 2-3 on Skin Deep Cosmetics Database) to provide the color. I like that I can use Eco Tins Lip Balm when going on a date night or out with my girlfriends as a safer, natural lip tint.

On my last grocery trip at Whole Foods, I looked around the Beauty section to see where I can find Eco Lips lip balms. I love that Eco Lips offers so many USDA Organic lip balms in delicious flavors. 
I highly recommend these lip balms to any lip balm lover and would purchase these myself in the future. The flavors are just enough to please the senses, but not overpowering if you regularly apply lip balm. Eco Lips lip balms are a great green gift and stocking stuffer! Find Eco Lips at your local retailer or buy online.

Disclosure: I received the sample from the company in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. I am under no pressure to return the product to the company or to write this review. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Eco lips! Such great flavors, awesome customer service, fast shipping and a fantastic product!!!

Unknown said...

The product looks good, eco-lips is a good idea ..thanks for sharing.

Organic Baby Products

Unknown said...

Thank you for a review that includes an ingredients list. I haven't tried this product but sometimes it can be so hard to find such information, even at "green" sites.
Elle
hey_wren@yahoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...