Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Organic, Natural Sweets with Surf Sweets [Review]

In general, I do not eat many sweets. Do not get me wrong, I have the biggest sweet tooth. I also realize that sugar has no nutrition and is potentially harmful to the body, causing sugar spikes. The point of this post is not to bash sugar, but to open your eyes to the candy that you and your family might be consuming. When I crave candy (often) and when I do buy candy (rarely), I try to get the best product. Yes, I buy organic candy. Why would I want to buy organic candy? Because I want to reduce the number of pesticides and synthetic chemicals and colors that enter my body. Surf Sweets offers all natural, organic candy that is comparable to your standard drugstore candy.


Surf Sweets       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Organic, natural ingredients
Individual packaging is not eco-friendly
No fake colors






sour berry bearsI received four types of Surf Sweet candies: Sour Berry Bears, Jelly Beans, Gummy Worms, and Sour Worms. The package sat on my hot front porch most of the day, so the Sour Berry Bears (opened first) were a little on the softer, stickier side. Nonetheless, Suft Sweets candies were very flavorful! Some are afraid that all natural and organic candies lack flavor, but Surf Sweets had just the right amount of flavor. Flavor and color that comes from organic and all natural ingredients. No high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors and colors. Although the smaller packaging (snack packs up to 2.75 oz) is convenient for on-the-go, I would like to see bulk options to reduce the amount of plastic and trash I use and throw away. I do look forward to trying the other candies from Surf Sweets (available at my local Whole Foods store).

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free from Naturally Savvy. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...