Monday, March 31, 2014

Growing Your Own Food with Gro-ables

This post brought to you by Gro-ables. All opinions are 100% mine.

Every year, I learn more and more about gardening and make bigger and bigger plans. The back yard garden will continue as in previous years. The front yard container garden that I started last year will be expanded. And, I am still formulating my plans for an edible front yard garden (if only the deer and critters would not eat my plants). That being said, I would still call myself an amateur gardener. I look at friends and others who have elaborate gardens and I yearn for more knowledge and experience. When you would like to start a garden, but fear that you do not have the knowledge and experience, Miracle-Gro Gro-ables pre-packaged seed pods offer an easy way to grow your own herbs and vegetables from seed.


Miracle-Gro Gro-ables are seed pods that are designed to simplify the growing process so that it is not overwhelming and confusion. Soil types, sunlight requirements, and spacing can be overwhelming, even to an experienced gardener. After selecting about 10 types of seeds for the garden, even I get overwhelmed by all of these requirements. This new product from Miracle-Gro guarantees the seeds to grow, when used as directed. Seeds are available in herbs and vegetable varieties. I love the ease of planting seeds for as little as $1.29-$1.49 per seed pod. This is very affordable when you consider the cost of seedlings and grown plants.
Globe Tomato photo 12_MG_Tomato_5506_1209002_V01_zps3fb9ae29.jpg

I will be growing Cilantro and Globe Tomatoes. I hope to use both in a simple homemade salsa recipe.

Easy Salsa Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup of globe tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup of onion, chopped
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tsp jalapeno, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
Dash of salt

Dire​ctions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve with tortilla chips.

I am already getting excited about some of the warmer days that we have had. Seed catalogs have been pursed and the garden planning has begun. Miracle-Gro Gro-ables are a great way to amend the seeds I saved from last year to guarantee great results.

Visit Sponsor's Site


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...