Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Natural Yoga Mat Cleaner Spray [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I never thought about cleaning my yoga mat until someone mentioned it one day during a class. I did recall that my previous yoga instructor recommended washing the yoga mat right after purchase to make it more sticky. Downward Dogs are hard to do with a slick mat. She recommended using a mild soap and soaking in a bath tub. For a one-time cleaning, not too bad. For a regular cleaning, this would become tedious. I needed something quick and easy. Yoginiology Cleansing Natural Yoga Mat Spray is the #1 yoga mat cleaner spray made from natural ingredients and essential oils.

Yoginiology Cleansing Yoga Mat Spray       (8 oz, $19.99)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Contains natural ingredients
Contains Potassium Sorbate
Made in the USA

Quick and easy application

Mat retains stickiness


After a recent yoga workout, I could no longer look at the dark blue yoga mat with white patches on it from my hands and feet. "Probably dead skin cells," I thought. Eww! I took out the Yoginiology Cleansing Natural Yoga Mat Spray and started cleaning one side of the yoga mat. I wanted to see how it worked. The spray bottle was easy to use and very sturdy. The instructions on the bottle directed me to spray a wet cloth with the spray and then rub on the yoga mat. I did just that.

I applied some elbow grease because my yoga mat has a dimple pattern and I wanted to be sure to get all of the dirt in between each crevice out. When I looked at the white rag I was using, I noticed it was not white anymore (check out the photo to the right). Part of this was the dirt on the mat that is not visible to the naked eye, but mostly, the color transferred from the mat to the wet rag. When I scrubbed with just a wet rag, the color still transferred. Therefore, I do not think this is attributable to the cleaner. Once the yoga mat dried, the area that I cleaned looked....clean! The mat looked brand new. I must remember to clean the mat more often.

Ingredients: water, pure coconut derived surfactant, citrus oil derived from orange, organic New Mexican lavender, potassium sorbate.

I love that Yoginiology Cleansing Natural Yoga Mat Spray contains essential oils as the scenting agents. The lavender and orange combination is a great match. The scent does not linger. I am okay with this. The natural scent makes it pleasant to clean my yoga mat. Since one of the ingredients is water, a preservative is needed. Potassium Sorbate is used as the preservatives. I would like to see the yoga mat cleaner spray be preservative-free since there is some toxicity associated with preservatives.

The yoga mat looks cleaner. The air smells fresher. I will be cleaning the yoga mat a lot more often now that I have an effective natural yoga mat cleaner. The 8 oz spray bottle will last me a long time. If you practice yoga on a regular basis, do not forget about cleaning the yoga mat. Yoginiology Cleansing Natural Yoga Mat Spray is your best friend for keeping your yoga mats and props naturally clean.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...