Monday, June 2, 2014

Yoga Sweat Workout DVD [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

During the cold winter days and the hot summer days, I take a break from running outside and pop in a workout DVD. A workout DVD gives me a nice break from running. Otherwise, I would get bored and stop pushing myself to improve my pace or my distance. Workout DVDs are a great compliment to running because they work different muscles. Yoga helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles that are critical for running. Yoginiology Yoga Sweat DVD is a powerful and fun yoga workout for weight loss and for beginners.

Yoga Sweat DVD    
   ($17.99)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.



The Good
The Not So Good
Two sessions to choose from
Fast paced
Burns calories and getting you sweating

Shows results after regular use




Yoga Sweat workout DVD includes traditional yoga poses mixed with creative flowing style to help you lose weight, tone your body and workout in a fun and effective way. The DVD contains two workouts that are 30 minutes each and warm up/cool down routines. Julie Schoen will help you to burn calories, increase flexibility and tone your body.

Session 1 targets burning calories and building heat. The yoga poses focus on toning and strengthening legs and glutes.

Session 2 continue the calorie burn with a vigorous sequence of yoga poses to strengthen the arms, back and core and to flatten the stomach.

The total time for both sessions is 80 minutes. Though I like having both sessions for a total body workout, I like that I can choose to do just one of the workouts if I am short on time. Splitting the sessions into lower body and upper body workouts allows me to choose my focus area for the workout.

The DVD is designed for beginners, though I feel like it is more appropriate for an intermediate level. The video moves quickly during the two workout sessions. If you are a beginner or have never practiced yoga before, it might take a few sessions to learn the poses. I would recommend watching the DVD once throughout or becoming familiar with some of the poses before attempting the first time.

Even for someone like me who has practiced yoga before and does so periodically, Yoga Sweat was perfect! I was able to get a great workout. After a couple of weeks, I felt more toned and stronger. The Yoga Sweat DVD helped to improve my running by strengthening my core and my legs. Yoginiology Yoga Sweat DVD is a great workout for a beginner or intermediate level person. You will see results!

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own. Please consult your physician before beginning a new exercise program.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...