Friday, August 29, 2014

Does a Pumpkin Spice Latte Have Pumpkin?

I am all about ingredients. I read every ingredient label and even periodically re-check the ingredient labels on some of my most commonly purchased packaged items (never know when a company can change ingredients). While there are some ingredients that I completely avoid (artificial flavors and colors, preservatives, HFCS to give you a few example), I am a little more lax about other not as toxic ingredients. While I try to limit the amount of processed food consumed in our house and out of the house, I understand that sometimes, we cannot avoid certain ingredients or we might want to indulge in a favorite food or drink. Understanding the ingredients and making a conscious and informed decision is important.

My husband loves Pumpkin Spice Lattes, so when Food Babe investigated the ingredients list, we were both a little surprised to find that the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte ingredients list does not even contain pumpkin. Then again, maybe not surprised. The latte has pumpkin spice, not pumpkin, along with some other potentially harmful ingredients. If you drink Starbucks blended drinks on a frequent basis, check out the graphics from Food Babe below.



>> Are you surprised by the ingredients list for the Pumpkin Spice Latte??
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...