Monday, August 18, 2014

Organic Shea Butter [Review]

Hand washing dishes and cleaning always leave my hands so dry. Nothing seems to help heal the dry and cracked skin, even out of the natural and organic oils that I used to moisturize my body. While lighter oils like coconut oil and argan oil are good for every day and summer use, heavier oils like olive oil leave my feeling greasy. I have tried a couple of brands of organic and raw shea butters in the past, but decided against a repeat purchase because the shea butter seemed to take forever to absorb into my skin. After a few years of using other oils, I needed something that was heavier and healing. I needed something to heal my skin! I tried another brand of shea butter and absolutely loved it. Cleopatra's Choice Organic Raw Shea Butter provides instant moisture without the greasy feeling.

Organic Shea Butter  (1 lb, $16.00)
 
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% Organic and Fair-Trade
Comes in a plastic container
Raw, unrefined

Moisturizing, but not greasy

Multi-purpose


Ingredients: 100% pure, organic, unrefined shea butter

Cleopatra's Choice Shea Butter is made from hand selected nuts of Shea Trees in Africa. The shea butter is produced by women subsistence farmers and is Fair-Trade and Organic. This shea butter is Grade A, organic, pure and raw. Grade A is the purest form with the highest concentration of Vitamins A and E. Other grades are usually processed and refined, thus losing a of purity and healing qualities. As soon as I opened the container and got a little bit of the shea butter out, I could tell that it was a very high quality. The color was ivory, it smelled nutty and it moisturized my skin immediately.

Pure, unrefined shea butter will have a slightly nutty smell and a color that is yellow or ivory. Let's talk about the yellow and ivory color choices. Both colors are high quality and are real, raw shea butters. The color you choose depends on your personal preference for a moisturizer. The color depends on the region of Africa where the shea butter comes from. Some trees have more carotene than others. The yellow shea butter comes from Ghana, Africa and the ivory shea butter comes from Benin, Africa. The yellow shea butter is thicker and nuttier. It works well for moisturizing hair. The ivory shea butter is a big softer and lighter and works better for moisturizing the body and the skin.

Shea butter has been used for thousands of years to heal and moisturize the skin. Here are some of the benefits of using pure, unrefined shea butter:

  1. Helps to prevent stretch marks, including from pregnancy and significant weight loss
  2. Deeply hydrates and moisturizes dry skin
  3. Reduces itching and irritation caused by extremely dry patches of skin
  4. Helps reduce skin peeling and irritation from sunburn
  5. Helps restore the hair's sheen and luster
  6. Restores elasticity to the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
  7. Great moisturizer for certain skin conditions such as Eczema and Psoriasis
  8. Reduces dryness and flakiness of the scalp and hair
  9. Helps reduce the symptoms of various skin rashes
  10. Dramatically softens tough and cracked skin on hands and feet

I wanted to provide some background on shea butter and its benefits to educate about purchase high quality shea butter. Shea butter is used in a lot of body and beauty products, but only pure, unrefined shea butter will provide the healing and moisturizing benefits to your skin. Cleopatra's Choice Shea Butter is the highest quality offered and never processed.

I could tell the high quality of the shea butter because my dry and cracked hands were healed within 1-2 days. I also used them on my really chapped lips (somehow, I got chapped lips in the summer). The sensitivity from the redness went away within minutes and my lips looked better within 2 days.  I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the shea butter healed my irritated skin.

When I worked in a corporate setting, I would wear skirts and skirt suits year round without pantyhose. Shea butter was great for moisturizing my dry legs during the winter months.

I would highly recommend that Cleopatra's Choice Organic Raw Shea Butter become a staple of your body care routine for those times when you need to heal the skin or would like long lasting moisture.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own. 


1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...