Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tips for Eating at a Nice Restaurant with a Toddler

I love good, gourmet food. When I first gave birth to our son, I was hesitant to take him to nice restaurants. What would people think if I brought a baby? Would he cry and cause a scene? Well, yes, babies and toddler crying and causing scenes can happen anywhere. I prefer to dine in local establishments, so I had to figure out how to take my child to nice restaurants.


Here are my tips for eating a nice restaurant with a toddler.
  1. Ask if they have high chairs/boosters (or bring your own - we have a Prince Lionheart Pod that straps on to any chair).
  2. Dine early and allow 30 minutes for food to arrive at the table. 
  3. Request a booth or a table close to the door (in case you have to quickly sneak out with a screaming child). 
  4. Bring a bag of activities, books, toys, and let your toddler pick one item out at a time. 
  5. Bring snacks and/or dinner (in case your child does not want the ordered meal).
My 2 year old son currently doesn't sit in the high chair for more than 15 minutes, so we get him out and sit him in a chair or a lap with activities. If my parents are with us (on the rare occasion), then my mom usually takes our son out to walk around.

We use some or all of these tips depending on which restaurants we are going to and how long we will be there. Every child is different, so customizing to your child will set you up for a successful dining experience. Don't give up your favorite restaurant, bring a few extra items and adjust your expectations a little.
  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...