Saturday, June 27, 2015

Organic Toddler Pillow for Optimum Sleep [Review]

Clean eating and clean living not only involves eating whole and organic foods, but it also involves removes toxins from our whole environment - body products, beauty products, clothes, furniture, bedding, etc. One of my goals as a stay at home mom is to provide the least toxic environment for my son. For the past several years, I have spent a lot of time researching the most natural and organics products to purchase. Babies spend a lot of time sleeping, so choosing organic bedding is of utmost importance. Snugg Organic "My Little Big" organic toddler pillow is a premium natural shredded latex pillow with an organic pillow case.


Snugg Organic My Little Big Pillow      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Made with natural latex
Initial latex smell (non-toxic, temporary)
Organic cotton blend pillow case

Durable and long lasting (up to 20 years)

Hidden zipper


Snugg Organic toddler pillow is made from premium shredded latex that is covered with an organic cotton blend. The case is hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant and durable. Each pillow comes with a lifelong guarantee and could last up to 20 years with proper care and use. The pillow size is meant for toddlers and children age 2+. The size is a little larger, so it will last the toddler through childhood. Pillow size: 20" x 14" x 3".

Let's talk about the latex. Latex is made from the rubber tree. My Little Big Pillow is made with organic 100% pure shredded latex filling, which is chemical-free and healthier for a child. Synthetic pillows, and even natural down pillows, can be treated with pesticides and chemicals. The company representative said that there are no other chemicals used during the latex manufacturing process. The latex is 100% organic.

There is a latex smell and it is temporary. The smell is non-toxic and goes away with time. The pillow is 100% chemical-free, so the smell is not from any chemicals, but just the natural rubber latex. When I took the pillow from the plastic packaging, I noticed the smell. It was not too strong, but I would not put the pillow out for use immediately upon receiving it. I kept the pillow out in the house and in the breezeway (on warmer days) to let it air out and within about 1-2 weeks, the smell mostly seemed to go away.

The pillow cover is very soft. The inner cover is made from 100% polyester and the outer cover is made from 40% cotton and 60% polyester. No flame retardants or other chemicals are used. The organic cotton fabric blend has a quilted look to it and is very thick. The zipper on the side is hidden. The only part that can be felt is the little zipper pull. My husband and I were both impressed with how soft the pillow case is. The pillow cover is machine washable.


 

The latex filling is shredded pretty small. It is hard to tell it's even shredded latex from feeling it on the outside. The pillow is about medium firmness.


My Thoughts: I love this pillow because it is made from organic and natural materials, it is very durable and will last a long time, and it is the perfect size for my toddler and will last him for years to come. I would like to see the company use 100% organic cotton, especially for the outer cover, which would touch a child's skin. I asked the company representative why 100% organic cotton is noted used and she mentioned that the cotton blended with the polyester makes the cover softer and washes better.

I would purchase this pillow and would recommend it. Aside from needing to let the latex smell wear off, this toddler pillow is eco-friendly and non-toxic.



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...