Sunday, June 10, 2012

Healthy Nails with TheraNeem Nail and Cuticle Oil [Review]

Have you ever heard of Neem Oil? Neem is a tree native to Southeast Asia. Neem leaf and bark are used for internal supplementation and Neem oil is used on the skin. If you use natural skin care (and if you are an avid gardener), then you are probably familiar with Neem and its amazing properties. Needless to say, Neem has an number of benefits for a wide variety of uses. Neem has antimicrobial properties, which make it a gentle, yet effective ingredient in natural skin care. Let me tell you about Organix TheraNeem Nail & Cuticle Oil Pen.


TheraNeem Nail & Cuticle Pen               $14.95 (Organix South)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Easy application
Oil absorbs slowly
Compact container

Multiple uses

One of the first things I did with the TheraNeem Nail & Cuticle Pen is open the cap and smell the oil. The smell was very pleasant and floral. Not the synthetic floral fragrance, but the natural fragrance that comes from the many certified organic ingredients.

The pen is very easy to use. Turn the end once or twice and the oil comes out. Brush the oil on to the nail and wait for it to be absorbed. I did notice that the oil took quite some time to absorb into the skin and the nail. Be careful not smear the oil or get it on something else. I usually brushed it on when I sat down at the computer because I knew I would be sitting for 20-30 minutes.

I have mainly been using the TheraNeem Nail & Cuticle Pen on my toes because I have runner's feet and I wear heels every day. After a few days of using the Neem oil, I found that the cuticles on the toenails were softer. As I continue to use this product on a daily basis, I hope to see stronger nails and healthier cuticles.

As I am typing this review, a new mosquito bite on my arm just started itching. The dog is sleeping in my lap right now, so I cannot get up and get my usual remedy (vinegar or lemon juice). I just read that Neem has so many other uses, including treatment for irritated skin and insect repellent. So, what do I do? I open the pen and brush the Neem oil on the mosquito bite. Instant relief! Wow, I am impressed!

I can see myself using the TheraNeem Nail & Cuticle Pen for other uses such as insect bites or irritated skin. In addition to supporting healthy and strong nails, while soothing and softening cuticles, the certified organic ingredients in this product have so many different uses. You can also try product in a pump application, but I would highly recommend the click-style pen with brush because of the super easy application. This pen is going right into my purse!

Disclosure: I received the sample from the company in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. I am under no pressure to return the product to the company. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any diseases.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is an absolutely marvelous product! I am familiar with neem oil. It is great for hair and scalp, controlling dandruff and hair breakage. This is definitely a product worth looking into!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...