Thursday, October 18, 2012

Squeaky Clean Revolution with Green Mission Wipes

One of the hardest transitions to green living has been replacing cleaning products with ones that are non-toxic and actually work. After trying a few different brands of natural and eco-friendly cleaners, I was not very impressed. Now that I have tried a few more brands, I do have some favorites. I usually try new brands whenever they go on sale at Whole Foods. One of my favorite Whole Foods cleaning products is the automatic dishwashing powder. This is no wonder that I wanted to learn about the Green Mission brand from Whole Foods. Not only does Whole Foods disclose the ingredient list on Green Mission products, but the wipes work pretty well! Let me tell you about the Surface Cleaning Wipes in Minty Fresh.

Green Mission Surface Cleaning Wipes         
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
No chlorine, phosphates, or petrochemicals
Does not clean really greasy surfaces well
Multi-surface use (except unfinished wood)
Not biodegradable/compostable
Full ingredient disclosure


Let's start of with the ingredients list for Green Mission Surface Cleaning Wipes: filtered water, organic citric acid, organic acetic acid, mentha piperita oil (peppermint essential oil), malic acid, organic glycerin, organic soybeal oil. I love that a cleaning product actually has some organic ingredients. This is important if you are worried about the types of products that touch you hands since most of us probably use our bare hands for quick kitchen cleanups. I like that the ingredients list is disclosed and that the product does not contain chrlorine, phosphates, or petrochemicals.

I used the first wipe on my glass top range. The range was disgusting. Oil, pasta sauce, and food particles crusted to the top; I started wiping. The cleaning wipe did not fall apart and had some scrubbing power to get the pasta sauce off. The food particles also came off pretty well. I was able to get about 60% of the oil off. Maybe if I used a second wipe, I could have removed more of the oil. I moved onto the granite counter top, which was lightly soiled. The wipe worked well to get it squeaky clean.T he size of the wipes was just right. I like that the wipes were not too dry, but also were not dripping all over the place.

Overall, Green Mission Surface Cleaning Wipes in Minty Fresh took care of light to medium soiled surfaces. If you have not cleaned for a long time (aka, lots of food crusted to your surface) or if you have a really greasy mess on your hands, you would have to use multiple wipes or switch to another product. I would also love to see an improvement of biodegradable and/or compostable wipes. That would make the product truly green in my book!

How do Green Mission Surface Cleaning Wipes rate? (EWG's Cleaning Products Guide)

Disclosure: I received the sample from the company in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. I am under no pressure to return the product to the company or to write this review. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...