Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Organic Vitamin C Serum by La Beaute Pure [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

A few years ago, I walked away from cosmetics. I threw away drugstore bought cosmetic products, except mascara, and began researching non-toxic options. I set my standard high. I wanted 100% all natural ingredients. I researched every product I considered buying and used EWG's Skin Deep Database to understand ingredients and their toxicity. In the past year, I have seen an increase in 100% natural products and their availability, especially online. La Beaute Pure Vitamin C Serum is a natural way to improve the health and feel of your skin.

La Beaute Pure Organic Vitamin C Serum       ($35.99)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
98% naturally derived ingredients
72% organic ingredients
Contains Phenoxyethanol as a preservative
Highest concentration of Vitamin C available
Vegetable Oil is unspecified
No filler ingredients or dilutions

Decreased wrinkles and sun spots


I am always skeptical of beauty products that claim to reduce wrinkles. If they really do reduce wrinkles, they are probably very expensive treatments and regiments that the average person would not be able to support financially. La Beaute Pure Vitamin C Serum is an affordable and easy way to reduce the visibility of wrinkles and improve the look of your skin. La Beaute Pure uses the highest concentration of Vitamin C available suspended in vegan Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid plumps skin cells and protects and restores the skin. The Vitamin C Serum is applied once daily in the morning or in the evening, before moisturizing. The application lasts up to 72 hours.

La Beaute Pure Vitamin C Serum Ingredients: Deionized Aqua (Water), Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (Botanical Hyaluronic Acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Carbomer (thickener), Arginine, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol (found naturally in green tea and chicory), Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin (Vegetable oil), Organic Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola Extract), Organic Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail Plant Extract), Organic Pelagonium Gravoleons (Geranium Extract), Organic Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion Extract).

La Beaute Pure Vitamin C Serum contains 98% naturally derived ingredients and 72% organic ingredients. I would like to see the amount of organic ingredients be closer to 100%. Most of the ingredients have low to no toxicity based on EWG's Skin Deep Database. The Vitamin C Serum contains one ingredient that does pose toxicity to the body: Phenoxyethanol (4). Since the Vitamin C Serum contains water, a preservative is needed for shelf life. Otherwise, you would need to use the product within 1-2 weeks and a lot of it would go to waste. I would also like to know what type of Vegetable Oil is used. Since the ingredients list does not state that this oil is organic, it could potentially be GMO Soybean Oil.

Now that we have covered the basics, let's talk about the results! My mom and I both used the Vitamin C Serum for at least 3 weeks. My mom has dry mature skin with wrinkles, sun spots, and overall sun damage. My skin has wrinkles, dry spots, and red spots.

Mom's Results: Skin feels hydrated, softer and more moisturized without using an actual moisturized. Dark sun spots have lightened and are barely noticeable. Wrinkles have smoothed out a little.

Katie's Results: Skin feels hydrated, softer and more moisturized without using an actual moisturizer. Wrinkles have smoothed out a little. Red spots have reduced in color.

Overall, my mom and I experienced good results after using La Beaute Pure Vitamin C Serum for over 3 weeks. Since she had more sun damage, she had more to gain from applying the Vitamin C Serum daily. As for my skin, I can use the Vitamin C Serum as a preventative measure to reduce future sun damage and wrinkling. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to naturally improve the look and feel of your mature and aging skin, give La Beaute Pure Vitamin C Serum a try. The Vitamin C Serum can be purchased on Amazon and it packaged in multiple layers to protect during shipment.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...