Monday, February 3, 2014

Quick Smoothies with Cheribundi Smoothie Packs [Review]

Smoothies are one of my guilty pleasures. I love blending concoctions of fruits, vegetables, dairy, and proteins to create a thick and satisfying drink. When I am sick, smoothies are the best way for me to quickly and easily get vitamins and nutrients. The creations and combinations of ingredients are endless. My favorite combinations include fresh fruits and vegetables with frozen berries. Cheribundi Organic Smoothie Packs provide a convenient way to make smoothies with great flavor and an excellent source of antioxidants.

Cheribundi Organic Smoothie Packs      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Certified Organic

Convenient packaging

Great flavor

Excellent source of antioxidants


Each package contains more than 20 ripe, organic tart cherries. Growing up in Europe, tart cherries were available everywhere. I love the taste of them and the health benefits. Tart cherries are a great source of antioxidant, especially anthocyanins, which help to block the enzymes that cause muscle inflammation. Nothing better than a tart cherry smoothie for a post workout recovery drink. Tart cherries are also great for other inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.

Cheribundi uses a proprietary juicing process that retains all of the nutrients, power and taste from the tart cherries. This "gentler juicing" process does not require higher temperatures to extract. Cheribundi products contain 100% pure juice without added water, sugar, or preservatives. Juice is flash pasteurized at the packaging stage to kill bacteria. I love that Cheribundi is committed to minimal processing. When I cannot get some foods fresh, I prefer to buy products that are minimally processed.

Each Cheribundi Smoothie Pack contains frozen tart cherry puree that is used to blend with your selection of smoothie ingredients. The packs should be kept in the freezer until ready to use.

Now that we have covered the basics of tart cherries as a superfruit, let's make a smoothie! I prefer for my smoothies to contain fresh ingredients (fruits and/or vegetables), a dairy (yogurt, milk), and/or a protein (almond butter, protein powder, etc). This combination of ingredients is a great post-run smoothie. The vitamins and nutrients replenish the body and help muscles to recover.

Creamy Tart Cherry Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients
1 Cheribundi Organic Smoothie Pack - Tart Cherry
1/2 organic banana
1 tbsp hemp protein powder
1/2 cup organic grass-fed 6% plain yogurt (can sub non-dairy yogurt or milk)

Directions: Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until combined. Enjoy!

I like that the frozen Cheribundi Smoothie Pack provides a little bit of ice and coolness to the smoothie. The tart cherry puree has a distinct flavor, but not tart once you mix it with your smoothie ingredients. If you prefer sweeter smoothies, add a natural sweetener like honey or a few dates. Next, I'm going to try a vegetable smoothie with Cheribundi Tart Cherry Smoothie Packs.

Cheribundi Organic Smoothie Packs can be purchased at your local Whole Foods Market.

Connect with Cheribundi on Facebook and Twitter.


>> What is your favorite smoothie combination??

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...