Monday, May 26, 2014

Organic Stevia Liquid Drops [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Stevia has been around in the natural world for quite some time. Stevia plants are even becoming more available in nurseries. Stevia is a great natural alternative for those who are seeking to reduce their sugar intake by switching to a no calorie substitute. Elite Gold Solutions (EGS) Organic Sweet Stevia Gold naturally satisfies your sweet tooth with zero calories.

Organic Stevia Liquid Drops       ($22.97, 2oz)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Certified Organic
No additives or dilutions
Alcohol source not specified





From all of the reading I have done about liquid Stevia, I know that the ingredients list is important. While many products include additives and flavorings, Elite Gold Solutions (EGS) Organic Sweet Stevia Gold is as pure as it can come.

Ingredients: De-ionized water, Certified Organic Stevia Extract (leaf), 11% alcohol.

The alcohol is used as a natural preservative. I would like to know the source of the alcohol since it does make up 11% of the product. Since I will mostly be using Stevia liquid drops for baking, I am not worried about alcohol being an ingredient. If you plan on using Stevia liquid drops straight out of the bottle, be sure to remember there is alcohol in this product.

I used the Stevia Liquid Drops to make my favorite date walnut muffins. I decreased the amount of sugar from 1 cup to 1/4 cup and added 1 tsp of Stevia extract. I was not quite sure how much Stevia liquid drops to add. After a bit of research, I decided to start with 1 tsp. This ended up being the right amount to substitute the 3/4 cup of sugar that I left out. The sweetness was there with no added calories.

Since this was my first time baking with Stevia liquid drops, I realized that substituting sugar for liquid Stevia might require trial and effort in some situations. In some recipe, sugar plays a bigger part than just being a sweetener.

Stevia liquid drops are a great way to add sweetness to anything from water to baked goods without adding calories or carbs. EGS's Organic Sweet Stevia has no additives, flavors or synthetic flavorings. Sweet Stevia Liquid Drops are a healthy, natural sweetener that is a good alternative to sugar.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...