Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fennel Essential Oil for Asthma [review]

Essential oils are a big part of my life, especially during the flu season. I mainly use essential oils for healing and boosting immunity. I also use essential oil to deodorize my home and for use in homemade cleaning products. When our Pediatrician told us that our has Respiratory Affective Disorder ("pre-asthma"), I started researching how I could use essential oils. We were already eating clean and organic, using homemade and natural cleaning products and body products. There was really nothing but whatever allergens were outside that were causing his respiratory issues. After a lot of research, I found out that there were many essential oils that were targeted at respiratory issues and asthma. Simply Earth Fennel Essential Oil is a high quality, unfiltered, undiluted essential oil with many beneficial uses.



Simply Earth Fennel Essential Oil            
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Pure and undiluted
Not certified organic
Comes in dark amber glass bottle

Euro dropper cap

Bottled in the US


Simply Earth is a small  family company that strives to provide eco-friendly products. They offer a number of natural products for the home, including a line of unfiltered and undiluted essential oils.

Fennel Essential Oil (foeniculum vulgare var. dulce) has an anise-like, peppery aroma. It is pressed from seeds and has a medium strength odor. The country of origin is Spain. The oil is bottled in the US. The bottle is 15ml and is made from dark amber glass. Storing essential oils in dark glass bottles is the best way to keep the high quality and protect them from going rancid.

The benefits of fennel essential oil include being supportive and restorative. Fennel essential oil has expectorant properties, which helps with respiratory disorders. Fennel essential oil helps with excessive mucus in the lungs, chronic coughs and cold, and asthma.
Usage: The main ways I have been using fennel essential oil is diffusing it on the first floor open living space. I add about 5 drops in water to the essential oil diffuser. I also plan on using fennel essential oil (diluted) as a chest rub.

Essential oils are very concentrated and it is recommended that it be diluted for any topical uses. If applied directly to the skin, essential oils must be diluted in an appropriate oil (Jojoba Oil and Grapeseed Oil make the best carrier oils, but can also use Sweet Almond Oil or Olive Oil).

Results: I have really enjoyed diffusing fennel essential oil. I was a bit skeptical at first because I"m used to fennel as a culinary spice and did not quite know what I would think about my house smelling like fennel, but I have liked it! The odor is medium strength and it lasts for a very long time. With some essential oils, the scent tapers off after a while, but the fennel scent is present until the diffuse uses all the water up. I really like that the scent is long lasting!

I love the generous 15 oz bottle and the long lasting scent of the Fennel Essential Oil. Everyone in our family has had a cold or outdoor related allergy coughing over the past 2 weeks. I have been diffusing this oil every day and feel like it has helped us to heal quicker. With the high quality and affordable prices from Simply Earth, I would recommend this company!



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and I am not a medical professional. Please consult your physician regarding using essential oils for any medical condition.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...