Friday, October 16, 2015

Organic Coconut Oil Softgels [review]

Coconut oil is one of my favorite all purpose oils. I use coconut oil for cooking, moisturizing, healing red and irritated skin, and as a supplement. When I purchase coconut oil, I look for organic, extra virgin coconut oil to ensure that I am getting the highest quality with the highest amount of vitamins and nutrients. Eukonic Organic Coconut Oil supplement, in fast dissolving softgel pills, support a healthy heart and provide extra energy.



Eukonic Organic Coconut Oil Supplement       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Organic Coconut Oil
Not USDA Organic Certified
Cold-pressed and unrefined
Did not experience significant changes
GMO free




Eukonic Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil softgels are created from unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil. Each bottle contains 120 fast dissolving softgels, which last 1-2 months depending on how many times they are taken per day. Recommended dosage is 1 softgel taken 1 to 2 times per day, preferably with a meal.

Eukonic Organic Coconut Oil Softgel Ingredients:
Coconut Oil (1000mg), Gelatin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Purified Water.

Eukonic proposes that the coconut oil supplements support a health heart, weight loss, and provide more energy. I feel like the coconut oil supplement is great for prevention. Although I have not noticed any weight loss (not currently trying to lose weight), I noticed a bit more energy during my recent race training. I felt like my body could push a little more during my runs. This only occurred when I was taking the softgels twice a day. Although I did not experience significant changes, I feel like taking an organic coconut oil supplement is a great approach to staying healthy.

The size of the softgels is a bit on the bigger size. My husband has difficulty taking "horse pills," so he turned his nose up at the size of these. However, I found that they are easy to swallow with a swig of water. Based on the size of the softgells and the additional ingredients, I would assume that 2 softgels provide about 1/2-3/4 of a teaspoon of coconut oil. I know this is quite under the recommended daily intake of coconut oil. However, if you are incorporating coconut oil in your diet in other ways, you would be ingesting much more.


If you are looking for an easy way to take coconut oil on a daily basis, try the fast dissolving coconut oil soft gels from Eukonic.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest. I am not a medical professional. Please consult a physician before beginning any exercise program or taking a supplement. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...