Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tea Tree & Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner [Review]

I am always on the hunt for all natural and organic skin care products. I love finding companies that focus on natural ingredients, infused with natural oils and essential oils. Luseta Tea Tree and Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is a sulfate-free combination of natural ingredients to clean your hair and keep it healthy.
Luseta Tea Tree and Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner     
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Contains mostly ingredients
Contains some toxic ingredients
Pleasant smell
Conditioner weighs down fine hair
Effective for slightly oily hair




Several years ago, I stopped using conventional shampoos and conditioners. First, I used the no-poo method of baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Initially, my hair looked great, but after a while, I felt like my hair was getting a bit damaged and not really getting cleaned. I switched to natural shampoo soap and my hair improved. Once in a while, I like to use natural shampoos to give my hair a thorough clean. I have oily hair and run on a regular basis, so dirt and sebum deposit on my hair and after a while, I have to use shampoo to help give rid of the buildup.

Luseta's natural shampoo and conditioner offer natural ingredients, including Tea Tree and Argan Oil. Tea Tree oil contains anti-bacterial properties and is great for dandruff and other hair conditions. Argan Oil is a great natural oil to moisture the scalp and the hair. The essential oils used have a great smell, but are not overpowering. I do wish that Parfum was not used as an ingredient and it was only natural essential oils.

Luseta Shampoo Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Cocoylisethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, CI 19140, CI 42090

Luseta Conditioner Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Steartrimonium Chloride, Paraffinum Liquidum, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Amodimethicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Citric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, CI 19140, CI 42090

The ingredients list is not my favorite, though I do appreciate some natural ingredients. There are a number of ingredients that could be toxic to my body, including Parfum as one of the highest toxicities (as rated by EWG Skin Deep Database). I like that there are essential and natural oils in the list. I hope the company moves to reducing synthetic and toxic ingredients to create a more natural ingredient list. I know this is a challenge to do with shampoos and conditioners though.

Results: I was a little hesitant of trying a shampoo and conditioner with Argan Oil because I cannot use oils directly on my hair. My scalp is on the oily side and any other oils placed on it or my hair make my hair look really greasy. I was pleasantly surprised that the Luseta shampoo by itself did not make my hair look greasy. I felt like the shampoo gave my hair a good cleaning without completely stripping all the oils off. My hair felt very soft. I tried the conditioner one time (I don't usually use conditioner) and I felt like it weighed down my fine hair and make it look greasy. A closer look at the ingredients list revealed why my hair looked greasy and flat - paraffin is an ingredient. It coated my hair and left it looked lifeless. I will not be using the conditioner again.

If you are looking for a more natural shampoo that is also effective, Luseta could be a good combination. The combination of Tea Tree Oil and Argan Oil is great for keeping hair healthy and clean. For my personal preferences, I will pass on this shampoo and conditioner to my mom because there is a number of synthetic ingredients that I want to avoid putting on my body and my hair.



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...