Wednesday, March 25, 2015

LED Headlamp For Handsfree Lighting [Review]

One of my goals for 2015 is to build emergency preparedness supplies and a short term food storage. Although we live in the part of the country that does not experience too many natural disaster, we never know what will happen. Weather patterns change. Electricity can go out at any point in time. Or maybe we just need to have some basic tools on hand. Flashlights are great for providing portable hand-held electric light, but sometimes you need hands-free lighting. Aennon multi-function LED headlamp is perfect for everyday practical purposes and also provides safety and security hands-free!



Multi-Function LED Headlamp       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
4 light modes, including red LED light

Portable and lightweight

Headlamp body tilts




Aennon multi-function LED headlamp is a necessary tool for any tool kit and emergency kit. At such as affordable price ($17.95), the ability to use it for so many different purposes is well worth the investment. The headlamp can be used indoors and outdoors. It has a strap that wraps around the head and one that goes over the top of the head for a secure fit; no bobbing around. The headband is easy to adjust. The headlamp has one button on it to control the 4 light modes (2 LED, 4 LED, 8 LED, 2 Red LED) and tilts 90 degrees to adjust where the light shines.

I love that the headlamp has so many different uses, from using while doing house maintenance and projects, to running/walking outside in the dark, to emergency. I also really like the ability to turn on how many lights you really need. If I want to check on my sleeping toddler, I can use 2 LEDs or the Red LED.

Usage: I used the head lamp while cleaning out a deep, dark laundry room closet. Since the shelves are very deep, I needed more light to see what boxes and items were in the back. I adjusted the headlamp to fit my head and went about my cleaning. I used the full 8 LED lights and found the brightness to be plenty for what I needed to see.

Results: The headlamp fit snug around my head. I like that the lamp itself is mostly in the front so that I avoid hitting it on the shelf as I reach toward the back of the shelf. I had no issues with the head lamp bobbing around. Less LEDs would have completely sufficed for seeing in the back of the dark closet.

The hands-free head lamp can also be used during exercise, like running or biking in the dark. While I could see myself using the head lamp if I took a bike ride in the dark, I probably would not use it while running. The fit of the straps can be tightened, but I fear that the lamp would start to shift during the repetitive up and down motion. I did find that while walking around the house, the head lamp stayed on without budgeting.

Aennon hands-free LED headlamp is a great addition to your toolbox or emergency kit. It's lightweight and compact. I would recommend this product.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...