Sunday, December 13, 2015

Stainless Steel Canteen [review]

An average person spends approximately $1,200 a year on purchasing single use plastic bottles. These single use plastic bottles are then thrown away, filling landfills, or floating around in the ocean. Many varieties of reusable bottles are available today. Stainless steel is our preferred material for reusable water bottles because my toddler will also drink out of them. Xtreme Canteen is a double walled, vacuum insulted, stainless steel canteen that will keep a liquid cold for up to 14 hours.



Xtreme Canteen      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.
Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest. 

The Good
The Not So Good
Stainless steel cap and body
Doesn't fit in my car's cupholders
Generous size

Does not sweat or leak

Wide mouth opening


Xtreme Canteen is a 32 ounce stainless steel water bottle. The body is made from double-walled stainless steel, vacuum sealed, and painted with a coated with a special paint that ensures the canteen does not sweat. The paint has a little bit of a texture to it, but is not rough at all. The cap is made from stainless steel with a rubber gasket inside. Stainless steel is 18/8 food quality and is BPA free. The Xtreme Canteen is one of the few almost 100% stainless steel water bottles on the market. I love that I can feel comfortable that safe materials are used to produce this bottle.


The water canteen can be used for cold liquids and hot liquids. Cold liquids will stay cold for up to 14 hours (ice frozen up to 24 hours) and hot liquids will stay hot for up to 12 hours.

The wide mouth opening is one the features that I love the most. I had trouble cleaning my other water bottles because I cannot get the dish brush inside to the bottom. I do have a bottle brush, but it does not seem to work very well. The wide mouth opening of the Xtreme Canteen allows me to get the brush inside and clean the bottom of the canteen.



Usage: Fill with your preferred liquid, tighten lid. You can even use the canteen as a thermos for hot (or cold) soups. Basically, anything liquid could go inside!

Results: I have been using the canteen in my car. I fill it with water and it usually lasts me for 1-2 days. I am out and about every day with my toddler, so it's nice to have a generous sized bottle that we can both use. My 2.5 year old can drink from bottles and was even able to drink from the big mouth opening of the Xtreme Canteen. I like that the handle is made from stainless steel so it will not snap off over time (I've had that happen with a plastic Lifefactory top). So far, I have not had any leaking issues. I've had the bottle lying horizontal on the car seat and the seat stayed dry.



Though I love the generous size of the bottle, there are a couple of downsizes to it. The diameter is just a little bit for my car's cup holders. I probably wouldn't take this canteen in my purse when leaving the car because it is a bit heavy when filled with water.

I am using this bottle on a daily basis and love it! For less than $30, you can get a huge stainless steel water bottle that will keep cold liquids cold and hot liquids hot. Get an Xtreme Canteen to stay hydrated during your everyday adventures.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...