Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Kid-Friendly Music that Adults Can Also Enjoy [review]

My 3.5 year old son has always loved listening to music. While we do sing kid songs from time to time, I prefer to listen to Classic music or Christian Rock music when we are traveling in the car or listening to music while doing chores. I like to select music that is appropriate for all ages. That's why the Jazz Loves Disney soundtrack is perfect for our whole family! My toddler can still enjoy kid-friendly songs and the adults can reminisce about their childhoods. The songs are appropriate for everyone and I don't feel like I'm purely listening to kid songs.



Disclosure: I participated in this sponsored album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided the album to review but all opinions are my own.

Jazz Loves Disney Tracklist:
1. Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)


We have started to introduce our son to Disney movies. I never thought that doing so would bring back so many memories from when I was growing up. Even just listening to this soundtrack was bringing back some warm and fuzzy feelings. I remember being in middle school and watching some of the Disney movies for the first time. (I came over to the US when I was 9, so I wasn't introduced to the movies until I was a bit older). My mom would take me over to her friend's house for play dates because she had kids of a similar age. We would watch Disney movies while we played. As I became older, I started to enjoy Disney movies even more because I could really understand some of the more complex concepts. I also enjoyed the beautiful music.

When I started playing the soundtrack, my toddler came over and asked me what kind of music I was playing. He really liked the songs. I really like that the songs are kid-appropriate but can also be enjoyed by me and my husband. The songs are upbeat!

My two favorite songs are "The Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book. I really love the upbeat rhythm of this song. The song makes me smile.

I also love "When You Wish Upon a Star." This has always been a favorite song of mine. There is something hopeful and exciting about the words and the song.

The thing I love most about the Jazz Loves Disney album is that the songs are classic! They bring a smile to my face because I remember watching these movies as a child. Now, my son can enjoy the same music.

Jazz Loves Disney can be purchased on iTunes and on Amazon.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...