Thursday, April 16, 2015

100% Stainless Steel Double Wall French Press [Review]

In a world of almost everything that seems to be made with plastic, I look for kitchen items and accessories that are made from glass, stainless steel, etc. I understand that with some items, plastic is unavoidable. I try to reduce the amount of plastic in our home by looking for non-plastic alternatives. The body of my current French Press is made from glass with a glass handle, and the top is made from stainless steel and plastic. The part where the hot coffee pours out of is made from plastic. I have been looking for a plastic-free French Press coffee maker for quite some time. Finally, I have come across Francois et Mimi Vintage Double Wall French Press made from 100% Stainless Steel to keep coffee hot longer.

Francois et Mimi Stainless Steel French Press       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% Stainless Steel (no plastic!)

Double walled to keep coffee hot longer

Generous size

Dishwasher safe


Francois et Mimi is an affordable 100% stainless steel French Press. There are a few options for non-plastic French Presses, but they are more expensive. I really like that the French Press is made from stainless steel because if I knock it over, it will not break like my glass one will. Being made of stainless steel, all parts are dishwasher safe. This is important for me as I do not put anything plastic in the dishwasher, even if it dishwasher safe. Just because it is dishwasher safe does not necessarily mean that you want the plastic to get exposed to high water temperatures, which can cause the plastic to break down and leach chemicals. I feel safe and comfortable putting stainless steel in the dishwasher. The filter part screws apart so that each part can be individually cleaned.

The French Press holds 34 ounces of liquid. My husband and I have been using this French Press on the weekends when we are both at home and need more coffee. I also use this if I am having people over for a play date. I love the generous size and the double wall design that keeps the coffee hot for a longer period of time. While an electric coffee maker has a warming plate, the coffee can get a burned taste after a while.

One of the things my husband noted is that the top part that you press down is pointed. While most French Presses have a flat top that you would push down with your palm, Francois et Mimi French Press has a pointy top. I use my thumb and index finger to grab and push and the plunger goes down fairly easy. The handle on the side is very sturdy and easy to grab for pouring.


The 100% stainless steel, paired with a vintage design and functional features, Francois et Mimi French Press is a great addition to your kitchen. I would highly recommend this eco-friendly French Press. At the affordable price, this French Press would also make a great wedding or hostess gift.





Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...