Friday, September 4, 2015

Cheap Business Cards [Review]

I recently started my own photography business. One of the first things that was on my to-do list was getting business cards. Business cards are a great way to get your name out there and provide contact information to potential clients. Since I was self financing my business, it was important to find options for cost effective business cards. 55printing offers high quality cheap business cards for business card printing and for individual printing needs.



Cheap Business Cards        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Cost effective
Limited design for specific fields
High quality paper

Customization options

Recycled paper option


55printing strives to provide high quality printing and designs to make business card and printing products affordable for anyone. I was sent two sample business cards: one in a non-glossy finish and one in a glossy-finish. I really liked the durability of the paper and the look of the business cards. I would have never been able to tell that these were "cheap" business cards because they did not feel like that at all.

I browsed around the website to get familiar with the designs that 55printing offers and the type of customization options.

  • Standard size business cards - 2" x 3.5"
  • Quantity from 100 to 100,000
  • Paper
    • 14pt gloss coated cover with UV high gloss finish
    • 14pt premium uncoated cover,
    • 16pt dull cover with matte finish
    • Recycled 100lb dull cover with matte finish 
  • Color - both sides, one side, black and white back
  • Shape - round corners optional
  • Fast printing - next day to 4-6 business days
  • Free email proofs within 2-4 hours

I love that there are different options for paper (including recycled paper) and different finishes. I feel that gloss finish always add a little jazz to business cards and gives off a more professional image.

The ordering process was very easy to follow and I could quickly select from the existing 55printing templates. I was a little disappointed that there were not more pre-designed templates for the photography category. I felt like most of the pre-designed templates in the Arts and Photography category were more focused on the Arts or just adding a photo. In this case, I would probably design my own business card or upload photos and images to the design studio. I like that there are customization options.


The pricing was very affordable. I would strongly consider 55printing for my next business card printing needs. The high quality paper, fast printing, and ability to use pre-designed template makes 55printing a great option for affordable business cards.

Disclosure: I received a sample of the product to facilitate this review. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...