Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Stainless Steel Cups for Toddlers [Review]

When our son was a baby, we tried to use glass bottles whenever possible. As he transitioned into a toddler, we switched to stainless steel sippy cups and regular cups. Every toddler goes through a throwing phase (even multiple times), and glass bottles covered with silicone still break when they hit the floor. Stainless steel is a great non-toxic options for toddler cups and adult cups. Look to BPA-free stainless steel cups as a non-toxic plastic alternative.

Stainless Steel Cups        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% stainless steel

Fit into kids' hands

Strong and durable (thick)




Stainless steel is my favorite material for my toddler's plates and cups. Although he does use ceramic plates and silicone covered glass cups, usage of stainless steel bowls and cups does not have to be supervised. If he knocks something over accidentally or is going through a throwing phase, I do not have to worry about cleaning up broken dishes and glass cups. I do find the importance of incorporating some fragile items into my toddler's repertoire to teach him the concept of being gentle and careful. However, I also want to have items that he can handle on his own without supervision.



Pratico Outdoors stainless steel cups have become one of our favorite cups! Not only are the cups about the right side for little hands (my toddler even tries to hold a cup with one hand), but they are also big enough for adults to use. I love that we have cups that can be used by all members of the family. Stainless steel cups are a great alternative to plastic because they are toxin-free, BPA-free, and very durable. These cups are 5" tall, 2.2" diameter at the base and 3.5" diameter at the top. Each cup holds 16 oz of liquid. The walls are thick and durable.

The stainless steel cups can also be used outdoors. From my experience, I feel that they keep the liquid inside colder just a bit longer than glass cups or plastic cups. Plus, I am reducing the amount of plastic in my house. Cups made from stainless steel are also great for outdoor use because they won't break if they fall to the ground or get knocked over.

I highly recommend Pratico Outdoors stainless steel cups for their 100% stainless steel composition, the thick walls and durability. They are also stackable for easy storage. For extra spill protection, I like to use these cup with Silikids Silicone Straw Tops.



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...