Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pool-Friendly Mesh Ring Sling [Review]

Babywearing and toddler wearing is something that is very important to me and has saved me so many times. Baby wearing soothes a fussy and colicy newborn. Toddlers want to be held often, but us moms and dads need our hands to do other things sometimes. The closeness and comfort of wearing your child is indispensable. I love my soft structure carrier, but I get pretty sweaty wearing my toddler on me during the hot summer months. A mesh ring sling is the perfect baby sling for hot weather! SUKKIRi Baby Ring Sling is made from soft, quick drying mesh fabric and is perfect for the pool or the beach.



SUKKIRi Baby Ring Sling        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Made from soft, mesh  material
No instructions included
Durable metal ring

Small enough to fit in your purse




SUKKIRi Baby Ring Sling is made from soft mesh fabric. The mesh fabric is perfect for wearing your baby or toddler in the pool or at the beach because the fabric can get wet and dry very quickly. The fabric is very soft and folds up small enough to take in your purse, or even a man's pants/short pocket. The rings are made from alloy metal and can hold up to 330 lbs, though I'm not sure the fabric would be able to hold that much weight. Either way, I feel safe carrying my almost 30 lb toddler who is 2.5 years old. The ring sling can be used from birth through toddlerhood (33 lbs). I will be able to carry my son well past 3 years old because there is enough length and width of the mesh fabric to hold him securely in place.
The ring sling can be worn in two positions:
  1. Tummy-to-tummy: newborn to 6 months (15.4 lbs)
  2. Hip carry: 6 months to 36 months (33 lbs)
The SUKKIRi baby sling is my first beach and pool-friendly ring sling. Although I prefer natural fabrics, I have been wanting a mesh ring sling for quite some time because the mesh can get wet and will dry quickly. 

Usage: The hands-free baby sling is pretty easy to put on. The first time you use it, weave the fabric through the rings. After the first time, you can either keep the fabric in the rings or take it out. Decide which shoulder (or hip) you are going to wear the baby sling on and put it on. Place the child in the ring sling and tighten until the child is secure and it feels comfortable. The fabric over the shoulder should cover the top and the side of the shoulder (unlike the photos below). To take off, just loosen the rings.



Results: I believe that wearing a child should be easy and quick. While some carriers are easy to put on, others are not. I love that the ring sling is quick and easy to put on. Recently, we used this ring sling during our beach vacation. The breathable mesh fabric was great for the 90+ degree weather. My husband mostly wore our son during beach walks and he really liked how comfortable the ring sling was. We learned that placing the rings close to the top of my shoulder before tightening helped to get a good fit and not have the rings be too low (potentially digging into my toddler's thighs). I felt like my toddler was secure in the ring sling. The fabric part over my shoulder was fairly comfortable.

The ring sling is a good length. The length would work for someone who is more on the small side, but also work for plus sizes. The "tail" (fabric part left over) does hang down, but it does not get in the way. The "tail" can be tucked inside or wrapped around the ring portion.

SUKKIRi Baby Ring sling is a beach and pool friendly ring sling and is perfect for hot summer weather. Mesh fabric keeps you and the child cool. Plus, the soft fabric and durable metal rings made this mesh ring sling a great investment.



Disclosure: I received a sample of the product to facilitate this review. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...