Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eco-Friendly Resolutions for 2013

This year, I have made great strides in changing some of our eco-UNfriendly habits. Even those these changes seemed like they were fairly small, they do add up and make an impact. Here is a summary of what was accomplished in 2012 and what I hope to accomplish in 2013.

2012 Accomplishments
  1. Stopped using Tide and switched to a natural laundry detergent (Tropical Traditions)
  2. Used reusable grocery bags 95% of the time (there were a few times I was not prepared)
  3. Completed 2 vegan fasts and switched to a vegetarian diet
  4. Participated in a CSA farm share
  5. Expanded the garden
  6. Canned hot peppers from the CSA farm
  7. Cleaned out remaining toxic body products
Eco-Friendly Resolutions
  1. Continue the switch to non-toxic cleaning products
  2. Make more homemade cleaning products
  3. Use my new dehydrator to dry in-season produce
  4. Can fruits (jams, jellies, etc.)
  5. Find a new CSA farm and join
Blog Resolutions
  1. Post vegetarian and vegan recipes
  2. Post about my personal dilemmas and challenges with green and eco-friendly living
  3. Determine what you (my readers) would like to know more about

>> What are your eco-friendly resolutions for 2013?
  


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think a list of eco - resolutions seems like a better and more realistic goal for me. And would probably help me reach some of the more traditional parts of my list too!
Great idea :)
Elle
hey_wren@yahoo.com

Katherines Corner said...

Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again soon. I posted the new giveaway! xo

Jen said...

I need to learn how to can. That is totally on my list for this summer and fall. Maybe we can tag team it and challenge each other :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...