Thursday, January 9, 2014

Buttons OS Diaper Cover and Insert [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

After cloth diapering for about 9 months, I have my preferences for types of cloth diapers. I keep reading about parents preferring one type of cloth diapers over another. While I do have my preferences, I do not mind stuffing or snapping. I do not mind changing diapers every 2-3 hours (trying to avoid diaper rash here!). My preferences are geared toward the fit of the cloth diaper. Good fit equals no leaks. Good absorbency also helps during those play dates, lunches, and shopping trips. Buttons One Size Cloth Diaper Cover and Inserts provide great absorbency and a customized fit.

Buttons OS Diaper Cover                              ($11.00)
Buttons Large Daytime Insert               ($3.50)
Buttons Large Nighttime Doubler        ($5.00)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Very absorbent
Bulky with insert and doubler
Reusable cover
Cover did not lay flat against belly
Stretchy cover for better fit

Affordable cost


*Cloth diaper model: 9 month boy, ~19 lbs, on the longer and skinnier side.
*All photos show the Buttons One Size Cover with a Large Daytime Insert.

Buttons One Size (OS) Cover fits most babies from 9-35 lbs. Snaps allow you to customize the rise and elastics at the belly and the back help to prevent leaks. The cover is made from two layers of heavy duty PUL. The fabric has a little bit of stretch to it. The stretch allows for a better fit, especially for babies and toddler who are on the move. The cover has gussets, which are a great feature to prevent leaks. Now that my 9 month old is crawling and walking around furniture and the playpen, the fit is of the utmost importance to prevent leaks. Although I did get a great fit on my baby, the wings pulled and looked like the cover could unsnap at any point in time. Do not worry, the cover never came off. If you are wearing the diaper under a onesie or pants, it might not matter what the diaper looks like.

Bottons OS Cover is to be used with the Large Daytime Insert. The Large Daytime Insert is made from microfiber and topped with a layer of moisture-wicking fleece. The layer of fleece goes against the baby's bum. These Inserts come in two sizes, Small (9-20 lbs) and Large (20-35 lbs). The snaps on each end help to keep the insert in place. Also a plus for babies on the go to help keep the insert in place. Buttons Large Daytime Insert is very absorbent and would be perfect for nap, trips, or long outings. I have been using this combination without worrying about forgetting to change the baby's diaper (it happens to the best of us).

For heavy wetters, naps, overnight, and super absorbency, Buttons Large Nighttime Doubler is the answer. The Large Nighttime Doubler is made from 6 layers of microfiber. The Large Nighttime Doubler should only be used with the Large Daytime Insert on top of it since the Nighttime Doubler does not have a fleece layer. You should not put microfiber directly against baby's skin as it is drying and harsh. The Nighttime Doubler also comes in two sizes, Small (9-20 lbs) and Large (20-35 lbs). I have not been using the Nighttime Doubler with the Daytime Insert because it is too bulky for my 9 month old. Although I love that there are a lot of absorbency layers and I would actually consider using this diaper for nighttime, there was a huge gap in the back of the diaper. I might try using this combination again in the future once my baby grows a little, but for now, I will stick with the Daytime Insert only.

Buttons covers and inserts are an affordable way to start and amend your cloth diaper stash. The covers and options are customizable. I have to admit that I have been using the Buttons Large Nighttime Doubler with a pocket diaper and I love the absorbency. If you are looking to try something new, Buttons cloth diapers are well made, functional, and affordable.

Follow Buttons on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to learn more about their products.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...