Sunday, June 1, 2014

Nordic Naturals Baby's DHA [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

A baby's brain grows rapidly during the first years of their life. DHA is one of the fundamental building blocks of brain tissue for infants. Therefore, adequate intake of DHA is essential in the first years of life and going forward. Fish oil can be a great source of DHA. Nordic Naturals Baby's DHA is a great Omega-3 supplements made from 100% Arctic Cod Livers.

Nordic Naturals Baby's DHA       ($15.95, 2 oz)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.







The Good
The Not So Good
100% pure and natural

Wild caught Arctic Cod Liver Oil

No artificial additives or preservatives

Great for babies 5-35 lbs


Fish Oil has been part of my diet on and off. I started off with capsule supplements, but then transitioned to liquid Fish Oil (Fermented Cod Liver Oil) during my pregnancy. I have found that liquid Fish Oil contains fewer additives and is easy to take. Nordic Naturals is one of the front runners for high quality fish oil. Baby's DHA is made with 100% wild caught, Gold Standard Arctic Cod Liver Oil. Baby's DHA can support healthy brain, eye and nervous system functions.

Baby's DHA is specifically formulated for babies starting from birth, with dosage for 5-35 lbs. This means that I can immediately start supporting my baby's healthy growth. The Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement can be easily added to formula or to food.

Baby's DHA Ingredients: EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid), DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid), Other Omega-3s, purified arctic cod liver oil, rosemary extract (a natural preservative), d-alpha tocopherol, cholecalciferol in olive oil.

Ingredients are gluten-free, milk-free, artificial color free and artificial flavor free. Non-GMO ingredients.

I like that the ingredients list is simple. I would like to know what the "other omega-3s" include. Though, I am comfortable with the ingredients being GMO-free.

Sampler: 13 month old baby boy

Method: I have been giving about 1mL to the baby during breakfast.

Results: The first couple of times I gave the baby 1mL directly in his mouth, it all came out. Fish Oil has a pretty strong taste, so I knew that I would have to follow it up with something or mix it into something. After trying this strategy, he seemed to take it better. Then again, I feel like most of the time, you have to offer things several times before they get used to the taste. I give him a bit of Baby's DHA at a time, then follow with yogurt or whatever else I am spoon feeding. I would like to try adding it to his bottle or mixing it with something else.

The dropper is easy to use. I have been cleaning the dropper with soap after each use and letting dry completely.

I feel confident about the ingredients list and the high quality of the ingredients in Nordic Naturals Baby's DHA Omega-3 supplements. I would recommend this product to any parent who is looking to supplement their baby's diet with Omega-3s from 100% Arctic Cod Livers.

Disclosure: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.  I am not a medical professional. Information about the product was sourced from the company website. Please consult your physician before starting a new supplement. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...