Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Natural Complete Digestive Enzyme [Review]

Ever since I became pregnant and gave birth, there is something about meat that give me digestive issues. Furthermore, my diet is not as balanced as it should be because I am running around a toddler all day long and am lucky if I have a full meal. Starting probiotics has helped my digestion some. Adding a digestive enzyme supplement improved my digestive system even more. Enzymatrix Complete Digestive Enzyme is a complete and effective digestive enzyme formula, which includes a diverse range of 18 different enzymes to ensure proper digestion.


100 Naturals Enzymatrix Complete Digestive Enzyme      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Effective

Natural ingredients

No artificial additives or preservatives

Made in the USA


100 Naturals Upbiotics Advanced Probiotic Formula contains 18 different enzymes to ensure proper digestion with each meal regardless of food groups. Each enzyme helps with a specific type or types of foods. I like that this a complete solution for digestive enzymes and is a supplement that can be taken regardless of what is eaten. The capsules are the standard size and are easy to take. The enzyme supplement is flavorless.

Enzymatrix Complete Digestive Enzymes:
Protease 1
Protease 2
Aspergillopepsin
Amylase
Lipase
Cellulase
Glucoamylase
Invertase
Alpha Galactosidase
Beta Glucanase
Pectinase
Zylanase
Phytase
Hemicellulase
Lactase
Bromelian
Papain
Peptidase

The enzymes work for different types of food groups, including digesting beans, legumes, fruits, vegetables, carbs, fiber, grains, proteins, plant walls, sucrose, milk sugar in dairy products, fats, carbs from grains, phytic acid in nuts and grains, etc.

Other ingredients include: maltodextrin, vegetable capsule (hypromellose and water), and medium chain triglycerides.

This list of ingredients is one of the simplest for supplements. Even in natural supplements, sometimes it is hard to avoid fillers that are required to make the product work or make the supplement easier to digest and get absorbed into the body. I like the simple ingredient list.

Uses: The bottle states that the 1 capsule should be taken 1-2 times at the beginning of each meal as a dietary supplement. Do not exceed 6 capsules per day. Since this was the first time I have taken an enzyme supplement, I did some experimenting with the timing since I had read that some people take the supplement up to 30 minutes before the meal and some take the supplement at the beginning of the meal. For me, it worked to take the supplement about 15-30 minutes before the meal for best results.

Results: My issues with digesting meat must be related to the fats because when I eat fattier meat, I have more issues. For example, lamb is usually very heavy for my stomach and I get indigestion after eating it. Since I have began taking the enzyme supplement about 15-30 minutes before eating a meal with meat, I feel like my digestion issues have improved some. I have reached for the baking soda (my natural indigestion remedy) less. Otherwise, I have not had any GI issues like gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea. I do feel like taking the enzyme supplement when I know I am going to eat a meal with meat has helped my digestion.

If you are looking for a high quality, natural enzyme supplement, 100 Natural Enzymatrix Complete Digestive Enzyme System is a great supplement to have on hand. This supplement would also be great for people who have intolerances and sensitives to food groups such as gluten and dairy because it might allow them to consume those food groups without the negative side effects.



Disclosure: I am not a medical professional. Information about the product was sourced from the company website. These statements have not be reviewed by the FDA, not intended to treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or diseases. Please consult your physician before starting a new supplement. I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...