Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Matching Swim Diaper and Hat [review]

Swim diaper have become more popular over the past few years. These are the reusable swim diapers, which also make great covers for disposable diapers. Swim diapers can be used whether you cloth diaper or not. Swim diaper let pee through, but contain poop. They prevent big saggy bottoms that can happen with disposable swim diaper. And of course, they come in adorable prints! Snug as a Doodle Bug offers matching swim diapers and swim hats.



Snug as a Doodlebug Swim Diaper and Hat      

Rating: total green check marks out of 5.
Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest. 

The Good
The Not So Good
Great fit with sized swim diaper
Hat available in one size
Great fit with stretchy fabric






I first discovered the Snug as Doodlebug Etsy shop when I was looking for a toddler sleep sack. I reviewed one sleep bag and then purchased a second one with openings for feet. I love Snug as a Doodlebug sleeping bag and would highly recommend them. Sheri started offering matching swim diaper and swim hat. I had an opportunity to review!

I received the swim diaper and hat in orange with a tiger print trim. For my 3 year old slim son, I selected the Large size. The rise on the diaper is high, so that should fit my son through the rest of this year. The size also allows me to place an insert inside to provide extra protection.

My favorite feature of the swim diaper is that the fabric and the trim are stretchy. This allows me to get a great fit on him and provides him comfort while he is moving around and playing.



I would like to see cross-over snaps for children that are on the slimmer side. Though the diaper fits my sons pretty well as is.

The hat is actually a swim hat. The outside is the same material as the swim diaper and the inside is a mesh lining for breathability. The hat can also be cinched down for smaller heads by adjusting the cord on the outside. This is a great feature!



The swim hat fits ages 1-10 and extends to 23". At 3 years old, the hat already fits pretty snug on my son. He does have a slightly larger head though. I would like to see the hat offered in multiple sizes like the swim diaper.

Over the winter, I have been taking my son to the indoor pool at our gym. He has been wearing the swim diaper with a regular sized cotton insert. I dress him at home, so the insert provides protection while we drive to the gym. Over top of the diaper, he wears swim shorts. If we were at the beach, I would probably let me go in just the diaper.

Choose Snug as a Doodlebug for adorable, matching swim diaper and swim hat!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...