I recently posted 5 Practical Tips for Eco-Friendly Travel over at Mommy Living the Life of Riley. As I sit in the villa on the last day of our vacation, I thought it would be a great idea to reflect on how well I applied my own eco-friendly travel tips.
1. Bring a reusable water bottle Result: brought my stainless steel water bottle
2. Bring your own snacks, in reusable snack bags Result: dried fruit, nuts, and organic candy in reusable snack bags
3. Pack light Result: 47 pounds, but packed some of my husband's stuff, does that count?
4. Participate in hotel linen programs Result: reused bath towels
5. Rent a fuel-efficient vehicle Result: rented a Ford Focus
A few BONUS green checks:
1. Bought a bottle of organic wine
2. Walked to dinner instead of driving x 2 nights
3. Used my reusable grocery bags as beach bags
>> What eco-friendly actions do you take when you travel? Do you even think about being "green" on vacation?