Wednesday, October 26, 2011

EcoStore – Body and Cleaning Products Without the Nasty Chemicals [Review]

I have seen EcoStore around the web.  I ever browsed through the product selection before, picking out products I would love to try.  You can imagine how excited I was when EcoStore reached out to me to a review products.  I knew exactly what I wanted to take for a test run!

Before I drive into the review, I would like to tell you a little bit about the company.

What is the EcoStore?  (from EcoStore website)

Our eco friendly household cleaning products are as effective as the leading commercial brands, and our body and baby care ranges are gentle on your skin and are simply beautiful to use.  Our hand and body washes are made from naturally derived ingredients that gently cleanse, condition and nourish your skin.  All of our products are made from plant- and mineral-based ingredients, free of toxic chemicals, that bring people closer to nature with non-toxic, environmentally safe solutions that also help to reduce our carbon footprint.  Unlike many leading brands, ecostore USA body care products do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, artificial dyes, perfumes or preservatives which means they are extremely kind to sensitive skin.

What EcoStore Products Did I Receive?

Auto Dish Powder – A high performance blend of simple mineral salts, citrus and Coconut oils. This dish powder is super concentrated.

Orange and Patchouli Body Wash – The blend of certified organic essential oils adds a fresh summer fragrance to the naturally derived ingredients and moisturizers.  

PRICES:
Auto Dish Powder (35.3 oz) sells for $8.50. 
Orange and Patchouli Body Wash (13.5 oz) sells for $8.00

PROMOTION: 
EcoStore USA offers free shipping on orders over $25.
Check out EcoStore USA on Facebook and Twitter for deals and promotions.

What Did I Think of EcoStore Products?

Auto Dish Powder – This dish powder is a very concentrated, fine powder.  You only need to use 1 full tablespoon.  The performance of this dish powder matched that of Cascade dish powder and of the 365 Brand from Whole Foods.  I put in dirty dishes without rinsing (I usually rinse the dishes) and all of the plates were clean.  I love the “horsepower” of this dish powder.  Do not be put off by the high costs because this 35.3 ounce bottle will last a long time.

Body Wash – I received the Orange and Patchouli scent.  Traditionally, Orange and Patchouli are pretty strong scents.  I was extremely pleased that the scents are enough for your nose to notice, but not overpowering.  The combination of Orange and Patchouli was perfect!  The body wash is a clear liquid and a little runnier than commercial products, but the liquid suds up very well.  A little body wash goes a long way and you can use it as a substitute for soap.  It also works great for shaving your legs. 

EWG’s Skin Deep Database: Every ingredient was ranked 1 or lower. Check!

Summary

My Thoughts:
I would recommend both EcoStore products to anyone.  I love the simple design of the label, the pleasant scent, and of course, the ingredients! If you love traditional, commercial products, but hate Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, artificial dyes and perfumes, or preservatives or any other nasty chemicals, then EcoStore is the perfect brand for your whole family.

Opportunities for Improvement – I would love to see a bigger variety of scents like lavender, calendula, rosemary, or thyme.  I would also love to see more products for women like a moisturizer for the face or a makeup remover (these are hard to find without nasty chemicals).

What is the Man’s Opinion?  My husband thought that the body wash was a little runny, but he approves of the smell.  I wanted to try a smell that appeals to both of us and the Orange and Patchouli Body Wash met my requirements!

Rating:
Total green check marks out of 5.

Auto Dish Powder 

Orange and Patchouli Body Wash 

Disclosure: I received the products from EcoStore USA  in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...