Tuesday, November 15, 2011

America Recycles Day - November 15

Today is...

America Recycles Day

Almost 6200 people have taken the pledge on their website to recycle. I challenge you to take the pledge! I did!

Learn. About the recycling options in my community. I will find out what materials are collected for recycling in my community at americarecyclesday.org.
Act. Reduce my personal waste by recycling. Within the next month, I will start to recycle one new type of material.
 
My husband and I began recycling when we realized how much trash we accumulated each week. How could two people produce so much trash?!?

Once we began recycling, our recycle bin had more trash in it than the trashcan. Then we added composting to the mix and we hardly have any trash. This means that we spend less money on trash bags.  Score!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...