Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega-D3 for Optimal Health [Review]

Since starting and completing the 21 Day Vegan Kickstart challenge, I have been doing more research about supplements. I learned that the general population eats a lot Omega-6 essential fatty acids, but is greatly lacking in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. The appropriate balance and proportions are vital for optimal health. Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega-D3 is the perfect supplement for the nuts, coconut oil, olive oil, and many other Omega-6 rich foods that I eat on a regular basis.

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega-D3        
  $28.95 (60 soft gels)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Daily dose in 2 soft gels
Soft gels are big
No fishy taste
Remembering to take with food
High concentration of Omega-3 fats
$30/month cost
Added natural Vitamin D3

Independent testing for toxins



Description: Ultimate Omega-D3 is Nordic Naturals' best selling product. The soft gels provide very high levels of Omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA as well as 1000 IU of Vitamin D3. EPA is essential for a healthy heart and a healthy body. DHA provides for a healthy mood, mind, and memory. Vitamin D3 is essential for strong bones and a healthy immune system. A serving size of 2 soft gels is all you need to get your international expert recommended dose. 

Review: The soft gels are to be taken every day with food. I found this to be the hardest part because I would always remember between meals. I starting keeping the bottle on the counter to remember when I was cooking. The soft gels easy to swallow. My husband, on the other hand, has a difficult time swallowing big pills, so I could see him having a hard time taking 2 big soft gels every day.

The best part is that the soft gels have no fishy taste. No "fish breath" after taking them either. The lemon flavor is so mild, that I did not even notice the soft gels were lemon flavored until I read the bottle.

If I were to take these on a regular basis, I would buy the 120 soft gel bottle, which would last me 2 months at 2 soft gels per day. Taking Ultimate Omega-D3 on a daily basis would cost me about $30/month, so I would probably consider taking them on an every other day basis.

What's Essential Contest: Nordic Naturals wants to hear what is essential in your life so that you can inspire others. The What's Essential contest has been designed to get you motivated by writing about the essential and meaningful parts of your life. You could win a trip to California, a Canon Vixia HF M400 camcorder, or a one-year supply of Nordic Naturals. The contest runs through April 30, 2012 and is open to residents of USA/Canada (excluding Quebec). Like Nordic Naturals on Facebook and share your story for a chance to win!

Disclosure: I received the sample from Nordic Naturals in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. This product review is based on my personal experiences. This review is objective and completely honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...