Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unplug Your Exercise Routine [#CTWW Challenge Results]

As part of the Unplug Your Exercise Challenge, I have made a few changes to my exercise over the past few days. My goal was not to use any electricity, which meant: no gym, no DVDs/TV, no music, no lights.

Sunday
The only time I could fit in a workout was while I was cooking. Assuming that the lights were on for my cooking part (hehe), the exercise part was power-free. I brought dumbells down to the kitchen and used the kitchen mat for cushion. I threw in a few squats and push-ups.

Monday
I confess that I would have gone to the gym had I not been at work so late. However, I thought this would be a great opportunity to continue with the challenge. I bundled up and went on a brisk walk outside. My lungs loved the fresh, crisp air, and I felt so much better afterwards.

I highly recommend that you try a few workouts unplugged. There is nothing better than using your own body weight or walking/running outside. Your body will thank you!



6 comments:

Amy said...

I've been running every other day. My husband and i swap off. we get up at 5:30 and head out so that we are home and finished hopefully before the kids get up. No gym membership, no driving to get to the gym. We did spent a decent about of money to get running clothes, but you kind of have to with winters here in MA. I love it!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I run for most of my workouts, but I do typically have music. However, when hiking I don't and I love to just hear the birds and the crunch of the leaves :-)

Unknown said...

funny, but you are exercising, it's too cold here to walk outside, but when it starts warming up I'm going to get back into my walking

Anonymous said...

I like my ballet workouts. I can do them with absolutely nothing and even sometimes do them in candlelight. Good for you that you are exercising!

Lisa B. said...

I never would have thought to do this, but it does seem like a great idea!

Rachel R. said...

At first I was going to consider my running outdoors unplugged, but I do listen to music with my cellphone so I'm still somewhat 'plugged in'.

Way to multi-task with working out while cooking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...