Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Baby Comfy Nose Nasal Aspirator [Review]

I had read about nasal aspirators long before getting pregnant. I knew that hospital issued blue bulb aspirators were bad because they are hard to clean and bacteria/mold can grow inside. They are disposable and only intended for single or very short term use. Somehow, we came home with not one, but TWO, of the blue bulb aspirators. Ugh! My husband became the "snotsucker" and I quickly got him to switch to the Nosefrida product we purchased right before the baby came. Although Nosefrida is a highly rated product, buying replacement filters can get costly, especially if you plan to suck your baby's nose at least once a day. When I discovered Baby Comfy Nose Nasal Aspirator, I was intrigued by the idea of using a tissue as the filter. Baby Comfy Nose uses your own suction to hygienically and quickly remove nasal mucus with a household tissue as the filter.

Baby Comfy Nose Nasal Aspirator      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Uses household tissue or toilet paper (no filter replacements to purchase)
Plastic parts, mouth piece tastes like plastic
Hygienic, easy to clean
Tissue blocks some of the suction power
Human suction is the most effective

Gentle on baby's nose


Since I have used both products, I would like to compare the Nosefrida product to the Baby Comfy Nose product. Both products use human suction, which is believed to be the best suction you can get at home. Nosefrida uses foam rubber filters (single-use and require you to buy replacements), while Baby Comfy Nose uses a tissue, which you already have at home. I tried Baby Comfy Nose with Whole Foods 365 brand recycled tissues and found that it was to much blockage. It was a little difficult to suck and I had to use more sucking power than I do with the Nosefrida nasal aspirator. If you are using a thicker tissue, you will have to suck even harder to get the snot out. Next time, I tried one square of Angelsoft toilet paper in the Baby Comfy Nose nasal aspirator and found it to be better.

I was trying to suction out a booger out of the left nostril. My hope was that Baby Comfy Nose would pull it out and deposit it inside the egg-shaped container, so I could throw away the paper with the booger, but this did not happen. The booger did come out after a couple sucking attempts, but only to the end of the nose where I had to pick it out with my finger. The opening of both the Nosefrida and Baby Comfy Nose nasal aspirators is a little small so I could see that the booger would not quite make it inside.

I do like that I can use a tissue or toilet paper square in Baby Comfy Nose, instead of having to buy replacement filters for Nosefrida. Overall, I have to weigh the economy of using your own tissues versus the suction power/ability. Baby Comfy Nose lacks a little in the efficiency and effectiveness, but makes up for it by removing the need to buy replacement filters. I recommend you try both products and see which one works for you. I can see myself using both products going forward.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...