Friday, May 29, 2015

Toddler Adventures: Garden Helper

Last year, I looked forward to this Spring, when my 2 year old son could help with gardening. Though he still has a long way to go toward actually helping me, I am already teaching him some of the basic concepts of gardening. Involving children in household and gardening tasks early in life helps to build their self esteem and teach them about taking care of the world around them.

He knows (and remember most of the time) that we do not step on plants or rip leaves off (except on the lamb's ear which has grown like crazy and overtaken a lot of area). He also knows that we water plants and loves to help hold the garden hose or use his little water can to water each plant. One day, when I was planting tomatoes in the container garden, he brought over the tomato cages one by one to me. My heart melted!

Here are some photos of my little garden "helper."





(our neighbor's front porch)

>> Do your kids help in the garden??
 
Disclaimer: These photos are copyrighted and are the property of All Natural Katie blog. They first appeared on this blog on 5/29/2015. Please do not copy or use them in other posts.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...