Thursday, October 15, 2015

100% Natural Toothpaste [review]

Oral health is very important to me. Taking care of my teeth prevents serious health problems and reduces expensive dental care spending. Over the past several years, I have tried many different brands of natural toothpaste. I have even made my own toothpaste with clay, baking soda, and essential oils. When a bottle of OraMD fluoride-free toothpaste arrived in my mailbox, I was in for a surprise. OraMD is 100% nature liquid toothpaste, mouthwash, and breath freshener all in one!


OraMD Toothpaste        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% natural ingredients
Mint taste can be a bit overpowering
Long lasting minty taste

Dark amber glass bottle

Effective!


OraMD Liquid Toothpaste is a revolutionary take on 100% natural, flu. The bottle is made from dark amber color, which protects the botanical oils. The top is a plastic and the bottle has a plastic dropper inside. The size of the bottle is compact enough to keep in a cosmetics bag or in my purse. The dropper has about a medium flow to it, but you do have to watch how many drops come out. The bottle contains 0.5 oz of liquid and lasts about 4 weeks (2 drops per use).

Let's talk about the ingredients. It is very important to me to have 100% natural ingredients. Ingredients that I can pronounce and I know what they are.

OraMD Toothpaste Ingredients:
100% pure botanical oils of Almond, Spearmint and Peppermint.

The almond oil is a carrier oil for the spearmint and peppermint oils. Essential oils should always be diluted, especially for topical application. Using undiluted spearmint and peppermint oils in your mouth can cause burns and sensitization.

Spearmint and Peppermint oils are intended to kill the 22 harmful bacteria that lead to gum disease and other health problems. Plus, they leave your mouth tasting fresh.

Usage: Shake the bottle and apply 2-5 drops on a wet toothbrush. Brush as usual. May also be used as a mouth rinse and breath freshener. Swish with water and spit out.

Safe and effective for ages 3 and up (peppermint oils are not recommended for small children). Safe for any type of dental work including braces, veneers, bonds, crowns, fillings, and dentures. OraMD Breath is not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding because mint is contraindicated.

Results: I started off with 5 drops of the liquid toothpaste and quickly realized that it was too strong for me. My mouth was feeling very minty and fresh, but the mint was almost burning. I decreased to 2-3 drops going forward and liked that much better. Every person is going to have a different threshold, so I recommend starting off with 2 drops and increasing if you feel you need more. I love spearmint and peppermint flavors, so I have really enjoyed the fresh feeling and the taste after using this toothpaste.

OraMD recommends brushing with baking soda or similar natural tooth polish every so often if you feel you need a stain fighter. I have been using OraMD for 3 days, then my homemade clay/baking soda/essential oil toothpaste for 2 days, and then back to OraMD. I feel like OraMD liquid toothpaste has been working well. I drink dark coffee and red wine on a daily basis, so I have been supplementing with my homemade toothpaste.

OraMD Liquid Toothpaste is an easy and effective way to keep your mouth healthy and clean!


Disclosure: I received a sample of the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...